- Partnering with Fiduciary and Fund Services product management to define functional and product strategy and selecting best paths for execution and support
- To deliver best in class service in accordance with established procedures, regulations & laws to protect client interest and to exceed client expectations.
- Execute against agreed strategic developments and projects and documented plans to deliver against schedule;
- Identifying areas in countries to automate or eliminate and driving continuous change in countries in line with business strategic goals
- Driving consistency in countries across processes, governance, prioritisation and ensuring they comply policies
- Responsible for new fund launching / fund transfer-in / fund transfer–out / fund termination, documentation review, requirements review and preparing services level memorandum in accordance with operational guideline of Securities Services/Fund Services.
- Oversee new business execution ensuring robust practice applied by sales, implementation, and operations;
- Attend Client visits (including due diligence) to ensure client proposition is understood and resulting actions are taken to improve service delivery;
- Partner with Countries and Financial Markets (FM) Sales to ensure the key services are being performed to the standard required. Alignment to FM growth targets and creating an agenda which mirrors the aims of the Product & Solutions and Delivery team
- Monitors client service standards by Operations staff to ensure high-quality operational and client support services are provided in all countries;
- Acts as escalation point for country level operational issues – identifies remedial solutions and oversees timely, efficient implementation when required;
- Works closely with Fiduciary & Fund Services country heads (F&FSH) to ensure operational platforms support client service level agreements and internal benchmark as well as identifying opportunities for automation;
- Proactively works with Fiduciary & Fund Services country heads (F&FSH) to ensure development of pool of knowledgeable, mobile operations staff;
- Champions the identification and implementation of operational best practice across markets within region and with other regions;
- Drives continuous improvement culture to maximise cost and processing efficiency
- Ensures compliance with group and country policies, code of conduct, regulations, and laws;
- Work with Fiduciary & Fund Services country heads (F&FSH) to support group and corporate requests in controlled and timely fashion;
- Review appropriate EORP, Audit, KCSA and CST issues raised to ensure quality and accuracy of wording, action and delivery dates; track and drive critical deliverables;
- Review, amendment and closure of risk, audit, and outstanding balance items with zero exceptions >30 days;
- Ensures Change Management processes are adhered to in country operations working through the Fiduciary & Fund Services country heads (F&FSH);
- Updates global management in a timely manner on notable operational developments and issues in the region and drives the resolution of thematic client issues and process issues;
- Role models a strong, collaborative business relationship between country operations and GBS locations. Maintains strong lines of communication with hubs through periodic townhall meetings;
- Supports “One Bank” through strong connectivity with support and sales functions and related businesses such as Transaction Banking and Financial Markets.
- To independently handle full sets of client’s books, including valuation, general ledgers, cash positions, distribution records, investment records and pricing records of investments, financial statements. To ensure proper and accurate daily maintenance of client records.
- Responsible for reviewing and/or setting new client’s ledgers and report format and structure in both mainframe general ledger system and FA/CM and relevant TP reporting system.
- Handle any ad-hoc projects, system roll-out and UAT review.
- Proven Relevant Degree/Diploma level education, and/or
- At least 2 years of previous experience within Securities Services industry, including experience in the related fields of Controlling, Audit and Operations which require familiarity with regulations and banking policies with advisory capacity or function, particularly financial service/investment or asset management industry or Insurance's reporting, and etc
- Strong understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates
- Understanding of Fiduciary and Fund Services processes and key associated market risks
- Proven track record to quickly get up to speed on new areas, concepts and products
Business Strategy and Model:
- Strong understanding of the firm’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Track record in delivering large change programmes and continuous improvements with strong project hygiene and transparency
- Experience in developing, managing and refining strategy papers
Risk Management and Control:
- The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Financial Analysis and Control
- The ability to interpret the firm’s financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
Governance, Oversight and Controls:
- The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas