The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To acquire Greater Bay Area (GBA) new business under the jobholder's responsible area and to ensure that high quality services are provided to clients consistently. Whenever opportunity arises, cross sell appropriate banking products to clients. Ensuring everything complies with bank policies such as Code of Conduct, CDD, PDPO and Money Laundering Prevention.
- To grow and deepen GBA customer relationships through effective relationship management
- To offer quality sales and service solutions for customer
- Demonstrate high level GBA banking knowledge and understand GBA customer' s banking needs
- Acquire GBA NTB clients through branch network; call program such as provide servicing to clients through north/south bound or SWDV; MGM and internal referrals.
- Maximize business opportunities from each customer interaction.
- Achieve assigned individual financial, non-financial and customer experience & risk management targets set out in the scorecard by maximizing business prospects and cross-selling opportunities and maintaining close relationship with mapping channels as well as other departments in the Bank.
- Exercise necessary risk assessment procedures while handling new account opening such as checking clients' supporting documents and understanding clients' financial background.
- Deliver high quality of customer service while handling client's inquiry and request.
- Attend team meetings, briefings and training to keep up banking knowledge and skills as such to provide sound solutions to clients and to be able to give constructive ideas about workflow streamlining and improvement.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular reporting any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager
- To comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements
- To comply with all relevant risk management requirements stated in policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements
- To ensure that control procedures outlined in various Branch Operations Manuals or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented and ensure staff compliance with the same.
- To comply with the control requirements in the laid down procedures or Manual relevant to the job responsibilities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- For TR's registration staff, to ensure that compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements are met at all time. To make self be aware of the requirements and check to ensure that working practices are in line with these necessary standards. All issues in doubt have to be reported to direct reports for resolution
- For RI's registration staff, to perform regulated activity such as Unit Trust Account Opening, staff should ensure to provide relevant information, which is in line with necessary working practice standards, in response to clients' inquiries.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Key Stakeholders Internal Contacts
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- To comply with Distribution Network to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles ; Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- MD & Head, Distribution Network, Hong Kong
- Executive Director & Head of respective Region, Distribution Network
- Team Head / Associate Director & Team Head / Director & Team Head, GC Business Development
- Staff at Branch e.g. Relationship Managers, SBSM, BSM, CSM, CSA
- Product Specialists
- Other Departments in Retails Banking
- Other Relationship Managers - overseas
Our Ideal Candidate
- Existing and prospect clients
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University degree is preferred
- Professional qualification in HKSI paper 1, 7, 8 and IIQE 1, 2, 3,4 is ideal
- Relevant experience in customer service / sales is preferrable. Fresh graduate will be considered
About Standard Chartered
- Addressing Customer Needs
- Bank Account Features and Services
- Effective Communications
- Anti-money Laundering Policies and Procedures
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers