The task of the investment risk department is to provide a second line of defence in portfolio management of the club’s investment portfolio. This not only undertakes management of portfolio for downside risk but also to ensure the optimality of the portfolio in light of the club’s objectives. The work of the risk analyst has a heavy quantitative influence but has to be complemented with subjective nuances/ insights into investment/ portfolio risks. Further, this is achieved in the context of the larger team and hence collaboration with investment/ Ops/external managers and data vendors is paramount.
About the Job
- Ensure an agreed-upon reporting/MIS that is comprehensive and is managed continually and with assured data quality. Gain insights from those reports to feedback into the investment process.
- Become a strong user of the risk & ESG systems and over time own processes relating to the areas of focus (e.g., private equity and high yield).
- Assist other team members to ensure that there is a back-up for key areas of BAU (for all asset classes) so as to ensure continuity in delivery.
- Drive collaboration with the Investment team to provide support in generation, interpretation, and discussions on portfolio/ risk related matters.
- The candidate should participate in Risk and Operations related due diligences of new and existing managers with an objective to gain insights/selection of existing/ new managers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE (minimum requirements)
- Undergraduate in a quantitative disciplines (e.g., finance, maths) with keen interest in financial markets.
- Masters (Finance or MBA) is preferred.
Technical Skills (minimum requirements)
- Data management & Quantitative analysis
- Ability to work with/write codes (scripts) in SQL/ Python/ VBA
- Good understanding of undergraduate linear algebra (matrices) and statistics.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong