Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Lead Digital Analyst
. Principal Responsibilities
The Lead Digital Analyst (LDA) is accountable for leading analysis for changes and new features/services that deliver enhancements to Digital Channels. Lead Digital Analysts are involved from initial scoping and discovery analysis, through feasibility, requirement management, documentation, development & testing, to post implementation continuous improvement.
The role requires leadership of detailed analysis to drive out the real business needs, including but not limited to:
- eliciting quality requirements targeting optimal solutions
- designing best in class customer journeys
- translating complex concepts into engaging digital propositions that align to Global Digital strategies
- collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- working in cross-functional agile teams in Value Streams to deliver customer-centric journeys that support entities, markets and domains globally
LDA’s also play an important role in contributing to the development of a high-performance Digital Analysis discipline through employing and reinforcing best practices such as reuse and supporting and coaching other team members.
The LDA sets high standards, is accountable, and operates in the following ways:
- Leading analysis activities using proven tools & techniques
- Plan, facilitate, negotiate, validate, prioritise and lead problem statement definition, solution design, elaboration of requirements etc
- Leading, supporting, coaching and cultivating Digital Analysts that may, in some cases, involve line management responsibilities
- Demonstrating strong stakeholder management capabilities, clear and concise communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Big picture end to end thinking
- Bridging the gap between product, technology, propositions, markets, business and delivery teams
- Sourcing and interpreting data and insights to underpin the feasibility and design of digital features and functions
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships - collaborating with other teams working in an Agile environment to deliver more high-quality features faster
- Proactively building skills, knowledge and experiences in Digital Analysis, Agile ways of working, & Design Thinking
- Upholding best practices and standards and help grow maturity in the Digital Experience Analysis discipline
- Demonstrating a focus on the customer
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Very strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills - excellent attention to detail and the ability to see things through to completion
- The ability to quickly understand customer, technical and operational considerations, and identify risks and opportunities etc
- A flexible and creative mind set
- Experience of analysis/requirements management techniques e.g., user stories, BDD style scenarios, e2e process flow or customer journey mapping, story mapping, elicitation techniques, gap and competitor analysis etc
- Experience of leading analysis activities to support the delivery of customer centric digital products and features
- Working experience with business stakeholders and product managers on product backlogs
- Demonstrable experience working with solution architects and engineers with a good grasp of technical concepts and considerations, e.g., APIs, Cloud infrastructure, front and backend systems, mobile & browser platforms etc
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Leadership experience in Agile environments, ideally including line management responsibilities
- Pragmatic decision-making skills with the ability to make clear judgments based on data and understand the implications
- Experience of relevant tools e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office suite, etc
- Ability to lead and influence
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all regions (North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe)
- Digital experience in online and mobile channels preferred
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.