The Principal Auditor leads or works independently on audits of a specific business/functional area/region, and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those business areas. They will proactively develop and maintains professional consultative working relationships within their own function and with stakeholders inside and outside the bank and respective support areas. They will use a range of approaches to collect relevant information to assess key risks, resolve major issues or carry out tasks.
The Principal Auditor leads or works independently on audits of a specific business/functional area/region, and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks within those business areas.
They will proactively develop and maintains professional consultative working relationships within their own function and with stakeholders inside and outside the bank and respective support areas. They will use a range of approaches to collect relevant information to assess key risks, resolve major issues or carry out tasks.
The Principal Auditor works in a co-operative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across the function and outside the function to provide ‘front-to-back’ audit coverage and actively contribute to the delivery of team plans in support of the functional and business strategies, working under limited supervision.
They may occasionally participate in ad-hoc projects and special investigations.
Additional Job Description
Details of the Division and Team:
Group Audit prides itself in ensuring the highest standard in professional delivery. The function provides a systematic, disciplined approach to examine, evaluate and report objectively on the adequacy of both the design and operating effectiveness of the systems of internal control and the effectiveness of risk management and governance processes. Being Deutsche Bank’s 3rd Line of Defense we have a high profile in the Bank acting as an independent and forward-looking challenger and adviser to senior management.
Reporting to a Principal Audit Manager, the Auditor will work as part of a multi-disciplinary audit team within Hong Kong. Whilst the work will predominantly focus on auditing the Investment Bank Origination & Advisory Division (Corporate Finance) there will also be the need to cover other areas of the bank from time to time. Based in Hong Kong, the role will allow for limited travel to other DB locations, mainly within Asia Pacific.
Your key responsibilities:
- Execute day-to-day operational audit work and contribute to the delivery of audits (including the Continuous Monitoring process and the updating of Risk Assessment Profiles).
- Undertake audit assignments, drafts audit findings / reports for review by audit management, facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issue.
- Execute audit work in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Activity / Process Flows, identification of key risks and testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with Group Audit (GA) standards.
- Complete all assigned work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- Proactively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas.
- Partner with other audit teams (regionally and / or globally) such as Risk, Finance, Technology and Operations during audit engagements to ensure comprehensive coverage and an integrated approach to front to back audits of Investment Bank Origination & Advisory and its associated support functions.
- Communicate openly with GA management and the internal stakeholders; keep them informed of potential issues and escalate problems / delays accordingly.
- Keep abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Deliver and sustain own performance against key objectives in the context of functional strategies.
- Support the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority.
- Take ownership for own career management, seek opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improve performance contribution.
Your skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ audit experience covering Investment Banking products, preferably origination and advisory (Corporate Finance). Experience covering interest rate, foreign exchange, equity, and structured products will also be considered.
- Proven experience in performing audits in Investment Banking with strong writing skills, including the ability to record and describe complex issues clearly and succinctly, in a way that are easily understandable.
- Proven experience and knowledge of auditing standards/concepts and understanding of the risk and regulatory requirements for banks operating in Asia Pacific.
- Professional credentials, including degree level education and a relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge of auditing standards and concepts.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (written and verbal) languages as this role requires liaising with stakeholders in Taiwan & China
- A proven track record of meeting client needs in a financial services environment
- Excellent team working capabilities and an ability to build strong business and team relationships.
- Strong strategic / analytical thinking.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Able to convey, complex concepts and ideas on issues requiring interpretation and opinion, in a logical and structured approach.
- Able to challenge and be challenged whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism.
- Experienced in delivering work under tight deadlines.
Role is required to be performed primarily on-site at the International Commerce Centre. Relevant health and safety requirements including your vaccination status apply.