FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. WE ARE LOOKING FOR .....
• Responsible for accounting, reporting, budgeting and analysis of GCC assets, returns and working capital.
• Responsible for accounting treatment and operationalise major GCC transactions or restructuring related to GCC portfolio.
• Provide direction and guidance and oversee Group Financial Solutions (GFS) on GCC's Investment Asset related accounting and operations, Financial Reporting, Management Reporting and Budgeting and Analysis. Roles and responsibilities:
GCC assets related Financial Reporting and Management Reporting
- Perform oversight role on GFS on delivery of IFRS template and management reporting & analysis
- Provide insightful and forward-looking business analysis on GCC's financial results and working capital reporting
- Monitor external audits of GCC entities and coordination with PwC, with support from GFS
- Empower and monitor the audit deliverables by local finance teams under GCC
- Nurture and support continuous development of GFS and local finance teams under GCC
- Promote and oversee GFS to pursue higher level of automation and synergies among various teams at GFS
GCC assets related Financial Planning, Budgeting and Analysis
- Streamline annual strategic plan preparation process to facilitate OPAT projections and ongoing actual result tracking on OPAT and working capital
- Review process and produce quarterly forecasts of OPAT and working capital, with the coordination among Group Treasury and Integrated Reporting
- Streamline the production of GCC's annual budget on OPAT and working capital, with the coordination with MOST, Group Treasury, Capital Management, Actuarial and functional teams to cater for future requirements of 5-year plan
GCC asset related returns and asset allocation optimisation
- Work closely with Group Treasury and Capital Management on optimal working capital and net funds to group.
- Assess and initiates GCC's impacts on OPAT and working capital for the group's projects and major transactions / deals
- Work closely with Group Treasury to minimize cash and deposit and maximize the utilization and yields of GCC's assets and liabilities
- Enhance the BAU monthly / quarterly reporting of GCC's OPAT and working capital with the support from GFS and accommodation of needs from Capital Management, Actuarial and Group Treasury
Oversee outsourced Investment Accounting and Finance Operations in GFS
- Perform oversight role on GFS on investment accounting of GCC entities and ensure timely and proper month-end closing
- Nurture and support continuous development of GFS and GCC local finance teams; strengthen GFS to have continuous, solid delivery and more country coverage
Implementation of various group's strategic projects/GCC related restructuring/major transactions
- As team lead on the Group's implementation of Project Halley; Engage with LBUs and Group Investment, Group Risk and other stakeholders on the implementation of IFRS 9; Support on user requirement collection and implementation of new vendor solution / system solution; integrate with AIA's processes and controls over investment accounting, with the support of GFS.
- Assess and support the operationalisation of new accounting standards to financial / management reporting, external audit, financial operations and investment accounting for GCC entities.
- Assess accounting treatments on GCC entity level, provide support to project team, produce forward looking implication of OPAT and working capital as a result of Project Infinity, Baikal, Fund Platform, Wade and other projects with various business partners across functions and LBUs
- Operationalise new Materiality Framework in local GCC entity level, with the support of GFS and coordination with external auditors and Integrated Reporting
- Provide finance supports to other new initiates at the capacity of a local business unit and group office
Other ad hoc assignments upon management request. Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent and CA/CPA qualification
- At least 7 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in MS office is preferable
- Able to meet tight work schedule and do multi-task
- Self-motivated, detailed minded, responsible and able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.