Our Client is a large Multinational insurance organisation who are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage the application/product build, delivery, and release of a core Underwriting System. The system will be rolled out to multiple locations within APAC so customisation to local country will form part of build and release. The role is large and complex in nature. You will need to coordinate across product development teams, inhouse application delivery and vendors. There's no consistent delivery methodology across locations so the ability to work in a fairly agile manner and tie the delivery together will be key.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Ensure Projects are broken down into clear milestones (requirements gathering, system development schedule, deployment, testing)
- Manage the Project Portfolio Budget
- Work closely with the business and technology managers to oversee and track the portfolio of technology initiatives being delivered
- Oversee the SDLC, ensuring all major milestones are managed and adhered to
- Engage and manage stakeholders, chair steering committees and Program meetings
- Identify project risk and manage accordingly
- Manage Vendors, ensuring you understand the key SLA’s and governance
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure Projects remains on schedule
- Support standardization and consistency in projects
Required Skills for the Role:
- University degree holder in Information Technology, or related disciplines
- At least 15 years hands-on experience in IT Project / Program management
- Experience managing software builds
- Project management certification, PMP, Prince, etc
- Proven hands on experience in managing a largescale project in a complex multi-tier environment.
- Knowledge of the Insurance Industry is essential
- Excellent command of both verbal and written English
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line.