Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for HSBC employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, data centres, voice and data networks, ATMs, desktops and other devices.
The area comprises five functions: Client Services, Enterprise Services and Architecture, Data Centre and Service Management, Relationship Management, Project Management and Risk and Administration. Collectively, these areas define and deliver HSBC’s technology strategy to support the Group’s goals.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Technical Specialist
. Principal Responsibilities
- Plan and implement network infrastructure installations and configurations
- Standardize network Superstacks including topology, hardware, software, and configuration
- Review data network proposals from all countries in Asia Pacific regions
- Deliver technical documentation of infrastructure, control procedures and operation
- Drive vendor for technology enhancement and manage the project delivery, product support and escalated issue management
- Collaborate with global functional team to implement global selection of various technologies
- Engage vendor and local deployment team to execute all network implementations and evergreening
- Liaise with vendor for all cost and technical related issues of data network domain
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of the network services outside of normal business hours. Provide 2nd/3rd line support for incidents. To lead problem resolution and coordination activities
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Degree qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience as a data network and security specialist in a large enterprise network
- Knowledge in network technologies (e.g. TCP IP, LAN, Internet, Router & Switches, DNS, DHCP)
- Proficient hands on experience on layer 2, layer 3 & routing protocols including TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Knowledge in enterprise wireless infrastructure (e.g. Cisco, Juniper)
- Hands on experience on major network products (e.g. Cisco, Check Point, Juniper)
- Basic knowledge in Linux and Windows Server platform
- Willing to learn and able to work under pressure and non-office hours
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills
- Good command of English and Mandarin
- Good interpersonal, analytic and communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and business users
- Self-motivated, positive and flexible attitude with ability to work independently
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.