A career within Tax Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to work directly with senior Information Technology professionals within PwC, as well as with our clients, in order to provide specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding the technical application aspects of our tax technology solutions. Our team is responsible for acting as the direct liaison with information technology professionals at PwC and our clients by providing specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues with our tax technology solutions. You’ll focus on utilising proprietary web applications and managing technology support.
Job description and responsibilities
- Design and develop tax solutions
- Lead technical design and recommend technical solutions
- Introduce best design procedures and adhere to design and coding standard
- Work closely with business analysts to actually translate and implement business requirements
- Bachelor degree or above in computer science or related technical field
- At least 3 years software development experience Solid.net (C#) experience (pipelining, I/O, high concurrency, automatic memory reclamation mechanism, etc.)
- Familiar with underlying middleware and distributed technologies (including caching, messaging systems, load balancing, etc.).
- Examples are Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Nginx Experience in writing SQL-based applications such as MSSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, able to understand complex business problems and recommend technical solutions
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Good communication skills Java experience is preferred
- Experience in open source software development is preferred
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.