Application Support Team Lead, leading 7-10 staff. Familiar with SQL, Windows, Unix, Linux, Shell scripting
About the Role
Based in Hong Kong, you will be working as part of a global management team responsible to provide a continuous positive customer experience.
Duties will include team management, customer engagements & escalations along with incident management and possibly other projects. Although travel is not common, there may be opportunities to travel internationally for special events and corporate functions.
What to expect:
- Manage a team of approx. 7-10 staff members and run team meetings across APAC
- Hire, reward, coach, motivate and develop staff in order to have qualified, competent and motivated employees with an open communication culture
- Encourage and promote a continuous improvement mind-set related to Support related Services (tools, processes, knowledge)
- Act as the management point of contact for any large problem or disaster and initiate (preventive) actions in response to incidents.
- Act with integrity, respect & fairness and show genuine interest in people and explain the intent behind the goals.
- Work as a Support Duty manager who manages service/client incidents.
- Ensure the quality of services by monitoring the level of services provided, analyzing trends, correcting deficiencies/ deviations.
- Ensure readiness of staff, processes and tools to support new products and services.
- Besides office hours, there will be weekends, early hours, as well as Support Duty Manager rotation (no night shift) with pay and holiday compensations.
What will make you successful?
- University degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar managerial role with customer interaction and exposure
- Excellent presentation & briefing skills in English (spoken & written), proficient in Chinese will be great advantage
- Autonomous, driven, with strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
- Customer oriented and quality mindset – we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player – gaining energy through collaboration with others
Technical skills & knowledge :
- Strong understanding of Networking technologies and trouble-shooting.
- Experienced with general application support concepts and fault isolation.
- Experienced with Salesforce or other similar ticketing applications.
- Knowledge of common Operating systems
- Knowledge of API's