Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Manager with strong regulatory reporting risk control and governance experience? Are you after a challenging new role where you can make your mark and impart your knowledge on a growing and dynamic team?
Due to exciting growth plans across our organisation, we are looking for a tenured Controls Lead to join our Group Treasury Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platform Team and work with our senior stakeholders in providing advice regarding regulatory reporting risk best practice.
In this rewarding role you will be the central driver for:
- Enhancing, embedding, and harmonising our regulatory reporting risk control and governance framework.
- Keeping the wider Group Treasury RRAP team and our stakeholders abreast of global regulatory expectations as they relate to regulatory reporting, regulatory reporting risk trends and challenges.
- Guiding and mentoring our Regulatory Risk Managers as they deliver their core programs of work.
To be successful in this role, you will join us with a strong understanding of the types of reporting obligations organisations like Macquarie must meet. You can follow processes but are not afraid to question the status quo. Your proven track record in deft stakeholder management and building constructive and productive business partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders will see you set up for success in the delivery of your key accountabilities:
As a Controls Lead
, your key accountabilities include the following:
- Ensuring the timely delivery of incident, issue, and action write ups; monitoring and closure of regulatory reporting incidents.
- Ensuring accurate and timely delivery or reporting and monitoring inputs to facilitate Group Treasury management's oversight over the regulatory reporting governance framework.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely reporting to Group Treasury management / leadership committees (incidents and any other matters requested) and ad hoc input into liaison papers with our regulators.
- Scoping and managing deep dive reviews into select reporting / monitoring processes,
- Managing impact assessments and driving the implementation of new Policies / Frameworks / Control Standards.
- Scoping and managing external consultant reviews of reporting processes.
- Managing Internal Audit relationship including, where applicable, field work; walk throughs; periodic updates and reporting to management.
- Driving and ensuring ongoing compliance of the team with Macquarie Financial Control Standards and policy.
- Ad hoc risk advisory support as required, including liaising with the broader Macquarie risk management community.
You will bring to this role risk management experience within large financial institutions as well as knowledge of the data and processes used for regulatory reporting. You will have demonstrated experience in managing teams, developing, implementing, and advising on control frameworks and be confident managing change across functional teams. You will be a self-starter with a collaborative mindset.
Your technical skills and qualifications will include a tertiary degree in Business/Commerce, 10+ years' post-qualification experience, and experience in the financial services/investment banking industry. Previous exposure to internal/external audits and projects is advantageous.
If you have a growth mindset, are curious and have the ability to learn and adapt quickly to change, then apply today. About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.