You will be responsible for the efficient and accurate accounting and administration of closed and open ended investment companies, unit trusts and limited partnerships principally for private equity, property and infrastructure funds. You will also be required to act as first point of contact for some client relationships. You will also be responsible for the management of a fund accounting team for a portfolio of clients.
What will you do?
- Preparation and oversight of monthly / quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of clients
- Preparation and oversight of annual financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP / US GAAP / IFRS / AUS
- Management of key deliverables in accordance with SLA’s or equivalent
- Calculation of management fees, carried interest and distribution amounts, waterfall calculations
- Deal with year-end audits and auditor queries
- Ensure compliance with client documentation
- Answer / investigate client queries
- Ad-hoc projects
- Attend client meetings and assist with the preparation of proposal documents, attend pitches for new work
- Develop and implement procedures and continually seek to improve procedures
- Keep up to date with technical developments in the Fund industry
What do you need to succeed?
- Professionally qualified, ideally ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ability to prepare final accounts from source documentation
- Experience of managing teams to meet client deliverables
- Completer / finisher – ability to see tasks through to the end
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience of supervising and checking work of more junior staff
- Good motivational and presentation skills
- Professional accounting qualification
- In depth knowledge of UK GAAP / US GAAP / IFRS, although training will be given
- Knowledge of private equity, property and infrastructure funds advantageous.