Who we are looking for
Reporting to an Officer within a Fund Accounting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and release of daily fund valuations. This role will provide the candidate with exposure to all aspects of New Asset Value calculation, including responding to client queries, the on-boarding of new funds/clients and ad hoc project work. It is a unique role that requires an understanding of the NAV process and how different departments and geographical locations within State Street interact and work together to service our clients.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Associate Fund Accountant
What we value
- Relationship Building - Manage and develop relationships with clients, counterparties, other external parties. You will act as a State Street representative to our clients.
- Client focus - Consistent and active awareness of the client's needs. Proactively sourcing ways to improve and promote quality. Displays a commitment to excellence. Ability to manage client's expectations and deal with their queries.
- Actively participate in personal and career development
- Coordinate with their Supervisor the day-to-day tasks and ensure they are completed and accurate, balancing capacity v's demand.
- During normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Collaborate with Transformation design initiatives, system enhancements or new requirements on behalf of the team, including system testing and sign off.
- Review and update department Operational processes, to ensure controls remain effective and account for dynamic changes in client requirements, mitigating operational risk wherever possible
To help you succeed in this role,
As a Senior Associate, it is essential to have clear communications skills, adjustable for differences in client, jurisdiction.
Delegation and prioritisation skills are required to manage conflicting priorities.
Motivation skills, develop personally and professionally to progress either within the team or to their preferred global mobility role preference. Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a valuation's environment is beneficial.
- Professional qualification or degree in a related discipline would be beneficial but not essential
#LI Hybrid About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.