Who we are looking for:
Experienced individual who has worked in fund administration for at least 7 years that is used to working in a deadline driven environment and is flexible/adaptable/able to change. The role is as an Officer in the taxation department located in Kilkenny, the tax team service Investor Tax Reporting requirements for UK , Austrian, German, Swiss , Belgium, Italian tax jurisdictions and capital gains tax calculations for a number of markets globally. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As an Officer in the Tax team you will:
- Work with the Tax Operations team located in the State Streets Kilkenny Office
- Manage the delivery of client tax services ensuring they are delivered on time and within the appropriate quality standards
- Assist business groups on local tax compliance requirements.
- Liaise with industry groups/tax advisors/product tax team on current tax issues.
What we value:
- Work with business processes groups on identifying systems enhancements required for tax services.
- Work with senior management on identifying and reducing tax risks associated with servicing investment funds.
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Work with senior management on strategic projects/new client take-on's.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to develop relationships at all management levels both internally and externally with our clients
- Strong problem resolution and analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail, concern for quality and time management skills
- Self-sufficient and motivated
- Strong client service focus
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Ability to work proactively both on own initiative and as part of a team
- The candidate must be able to take ownership of initiatives or projects and be able to influence others in working groups,
- Ability to delegate work to others.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Attract, develop, engage and retain employees using available resources.
- Act as an effective team player & deputize for immediate supervisor when appropriate
- Positively influencing team morale in order to achieve set standards and goals
- Lead, direct and manage the group in collaboration with your manager/s and senior colleagues.
- Ensure appropriate skills training is in place and team members complete the necessary skills training requirements.
- Create an environment that is flexible/adaptable/able to change. Initiate and successfully implement department performance targets and objectives, both operational and project based.
- Ensure you and your team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Sound knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Excel
- Typically candidate will have 3/5 or more years in Fund Administration/ Tax /Custody experience
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal business groups on ad-hoc tax queries.
- Collaborate with colleagues globally as appropriate to service your clients or projects.
- Collaborate with staff in Ireland and the outsourced service provider to drive success of the Group.
- Communicate with your manager/management team on status of assignments/projects
- Provide to and seek from your manager/management team feedback.
#LI Hybrid About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers