Opportunity for Senior Accountant
Are you ready to use your accounting skills and eye for detail for one of the world's largest FinTech organizations? Are you interested in playing a critical role within a global FinTech company? Join Western Union as an Accountant or Senior Accountant. Motivated by our values: purpose driven, globally minded, and trustworthy & respectful
We're a FinTech that's using insight from customers and colleagues worldwide to improve financial services for families, small businesses, multinational corporations, and non-profit organizations. We're a team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories. We believe when money moves, better things happen. Better is enabled by trust and respect
Western Union is looking for Accountant or Senior Accountant in two teams. Accounting
- Accounting team is taking care of General Ledger Accounting for international consumer money transfer through Retail locations and digitally. Besides standard accounting functions, like participating in period-end close process, ensuring accurate accounting information, preparing monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, financial reporting and communicating with stakeholders, team is participating in multiple international projects and process improvements, which require creativity and analytical thinking. Settlement Operations
- Settlement Operations team is taking care of settlement operations tasks for international consumer money transfer through Retail locations and digitally. Besides standard tasks as payments, accounts receivable, accounts payable, debts reconciliation, ensuring operational KPIs are met, providing support to complex requests from partners, team is participating in various projects and process improvements as well.
Here are some skills, attributes, and qualifications you should have:
Join us, and let's connect the world
- Degree in Business Management/ Finance / Accounting or related field
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Solid English required (written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to handle a high volume of information in a busy environment
- Flexible and quick learner
- Experience in financial reporting is advantageous.
Western Union is transforming its business and shaping the financial services sector by driving quality, convenience, and customer service to new levels of excellence. It's an exciting time for our organization, as the largest cross-border money transfer operator, trusted by millions of consumers around the world. If you're ready to unleash your potential to help drive change through bottom-up innovation, apply now.
We're a company on the move, and we want our people to grow and develop. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as a great salary and benefits package.
We are passionate about our diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams, while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran (U.S.) status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws.
The monthly gross base salary range is 1,331 - 2,399 EUR. This range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills, and competencies. Salary is one component of the Western Union total compensation package, which includes short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few! The Recruiter will share other benefits specific to your location and role during the interview process.