Who are we looking for:
Join a dynamic Depositary Team focused on PE/RE environment. Perform the Depositary duties on a set of clients. Work closely with colleagues from Depositary oversight departments, Center of Excellences and other State Street offices. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
- Perform the analysis of the various funds' structures with investments in private equities/real estate/infrastructure and direct debt.
- Identify risks for fund to be launched and prepare the new business acceptance process.
- Perform due diligence on service providers and AIFMs.
- Setup operating memoranda with AIFM and other service providers such as fund accountant, investor services, etc.
- For new funds, prepare the setup of day-to-day operations linked to the requirements as stipulated in AIFMD Directive as well as linked to the articles in the CSSF Circular18/697.
- Analyzing assets acquired by the fund and determine the flow of ownership verification.
- Responsible for onboarding of new clients.
- Assess other relevant information on normal and alternative structures relating to transactions and cash flows,
- Taking part in the determination and assessment of relevant legal documentation on multi-domicile alternative structures such as private placement memoranda, share purchase agreements, corporate and financing documents, title deeds and similar
- Ensuring implementation of and compliance with relevant internal procedures
- Assist the manager in the Depositary calls and interact with the different internal or external parties.
What do we Value:
- Minimum academic qualification: University master's in finance or equivalent.
- Professional experience in a bank, management company or audit firm. A solid knowledge of fund structure, accounting, and custody flows.
- At least 3 years work experience within the funds industry. Prior Trustee/Depositary or PE/RE Fund Administration experience is highly desirable.
About State Street
- Ability to analyze a situation and obtain information to reach sound conclusions
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines; pro-active, focused attitude towards work
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate and manage external relationships with clients to a strong professional standard
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English, any other language is an advantage
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers