Who we are looking for
The legal counsel will advise on a variety of legal issues related predominantly to investment fund law, banking and securities law. The focus of the activities is to support senior legal counsels within the Luxembourg Legal team in contract negotiations with customers, contribute to product development and to the implementation of regulatory requirements applicable to the local business. The legal counsel will work closely with other Legal teams across State Street offices in Europe and the head office in Boston. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As legal counsel you will:
What we value
- Provide support to senior legal counsels within the Luxembourg Legal team (primary duty).
- Draft, negotiate and manage customer contracts (e.g. depositary and administration agreements) as well as other bank related agreements or legal documents.
- Advise and support the bank on all legal matters related to the servicing of both traditional and alternative investment structures.
- Monitor regulatory developments and contributes to regulatory implementation.
- Contribute to corporate projects and data protection matters.
- Collaborate with Legal teams across State Street's legal division on global and regional projects.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to analyze complex situations and obtain information to reach sound conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization in an international environment.
- Service-oriented and results-focused.
Master degree in Law. Additional requirements
Working experience: 3-5 years of professional experience as in-house lawyer in a bank, asset management company or law firm with focus on investment fund servicing activities. Experience with private equity and real estate structures is an advantage.
Language skills: English (fluent, spoken and in writing), German considered an advantage. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers