At HSBC, we’re a trusted international organisation with a global customer base of around 39 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 62 countries and territories. In Europe, our ambition is to become the leading international wholesale bank and we need talent like you to help us meet our ambition. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or in an exciting new direction—we offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
By joining us, you’ll help evolve and grow our Risk Management activities.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for supporting the Country CRO and the country risk management team.
In this role you will:
- Be a point of contact for all Risk MI and internal reporting (Risk Committee and Boards of Directors, Risk Management Meetings, Reputation Risk and Client Selection Committee, and Risk input to any other committees both locally and regionally)
- Monitor and assess changes in banking prudential regulations and proactively advise senior management on potential impacts
- Oversee the bank’s regulatory reporting processes, ensuring timely and accurate submissions
- Coordinate the oversight and mitigation of risks and of other open action points both for the department and for the country as a whole, in order to ensure timely closure
- Participate as the Risk Management representative in project working groups as needed
- Act as the primary day-to-day 2nd line of defence contact point for risk management and support the business to develop a sustainable growth
- Coordinate the drafting and maintenance of local risk policies, together with the publication and awareness programmes rolled out in support
- Supports the Credit Risk team for the production of MIs and reports (Credit Risk Analytics role)
- Ad hoc risk-themed reviews
You should apply if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in risk management and/or internal control, risk governance and policy-writing and/or risk reporting (internal and regulatory) in the banking industry
- Solid grasp of management information tools and ability to write risk reports for different audiences and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and the ability to understand and articulate complex concepts in ordinary language to a large multicultural and diverse audience
- Track record of delivering projects or assignments in tight timeframes with minimal supervision
- Comfort in dealing confidently with management at the most senior levels of the Group
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape in the financial services sector
- Knowledge of Standard IT Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…)
- Fluency in English is mandatory, both written and spoken. Other languages would be an advantage
Even if you feel you do not meet 100% of our qualifications, we encourage you to apply, if you believe this role is right for you.
What you’ll get in return:
- We’ll help you progress your career, including access to development programmes, mentoring and coaching, as well as world-class training through HSBC University
- We’ll provide you with flexible working arrangements
- We’ll give you a huge range of resources that support your mental, physical and social well-being
- Our benefits will give you financial security
- You’ll have opportunities to work internationally - this can be your place to start and branch out to anywhere we have offices
- We work with our global employee networks to create an environment where everyone feels included and supported
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) and discover how diversity drives our success.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: email@example.com