Job Description INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL DATA SERVICES (IFDS)
International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a joint venture between Boston-based State Street Corporation, a world leader in financial services providing investment servicing, investment management, trading services and investment research, and DST Systems, Inc., a Kansas City-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems. International Financial Data Services (IFDS) is a global market leader committed to providing high quality systems and services to our clients. The IFDS family is made up of more than 5,500 world-class employees, located in our offices in Canada, Ireland, Luxembourg, Thailand and the United Kingdom. We are seeking an Associate 1 to join our Investor Services team.
INVESTOR SERVICES DEPARTMENT ROLE - A1 Associate (BAU TEAM)
- The Investor Services team answers all queries received via phone, email, facsimile and post on behalf of fund clients including shareholders, brokers or financial intermediaries, as well as fund promoters and fund management companies. The Investor Services team is performing customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of instruction information in a timely manner.
- The Investor Services Associate 2 is the focal point for the day-to-day client services of the Investor Services. By demonstrating excellent communication skills, a team-oriented approach and by successfully handling multiple demands from external parties or the management line; the Associate 2 will deliver a high quality of service to all clients in line with the company's targets and expectations.
- The successful candidate will work independently and will also work on improving established guidelines and practices by consulting with the Manager where clarification or exception may be required.
- The Investor Services Associate 1 will provide support, escalation route when necessary to manage and resolve any queries received from external and internal parties.
- The Customer Services Associate 1 plays a supporting role to Customer Services Managers, officers and drives operational excellence by implementing and embedding a continuous improvement culture.
- Successfully attended final second-level education (BAC+2 minimum) or equivalent professional qualification.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance or business administration will be considered as a plus.
- Fluent in English, both written & oral.
- Additional languages (e.g. German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese and/or Spanish) are assets.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook...)
- At least three years to five years relevant working experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Strong client focus
- Strong communication skills - adapting style to audience and including senior levels both internally and externally.
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Demonstrate logical and analytical abilities in order to identify, analyze and evaluate complex situations and contribute to their timely escalation and resolution
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Good knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Think outside the box, proactive approach and goes always the extra mile to ensure top service is provided to external and internal clients.
- Self-motivated, organised and flexible to new ideas
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Team Leader and Manger
- Excellent attention to detail, while appreciating the bigger picture
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers