We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Serve as a key point of contact for our client boards of directors, representing Alter Domus at the highest levels.
- Managing the delivery of company secretarial operations to entities managed by Alter Domus. This will include the management of various transactions such as company incorporations, share allotments, capital reductions, local and cross border mergers, refinancing arrangements, etc.
- Oversee services to clients and ensure operational processes are delivered to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Managing priorities and critical decisions and supporting the team and peers.
- Corresponding with portfolio of clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Preparing for and attending board and shareholders' meetings, annual general meetings and extraordinary general meetings and ensuring processes and turnaround are adhered to.
- Handling statutory filings of our client base, including liaising with officials from the MFSA, MBR and other governmental departments as necessary.
- Advising on best practice, preparing for and providing board support services.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action on behalf of clients and internally;
- Supporting team on client engagement and transactions.
- Performing all aspects of company administration.
- Preparing documents in relation to transactions, including minutes and resolutions.
- Initially assisting in managing a team of 7 but with an intention to significantly grow the function to at least 10 in the next 6 months.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification or be working towards one;
- Have relevant experience managing corporate and / or fund structures of a similar nature and strong company secretarial knowledge;
- Knowledge of other areas such tax, accounting, regulatory and AML requirements is of benefit;
- Proven capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative when appropriate;
- Demonstrated effective communication and management skills and be proficient at managing and mentoring junior staff;
- Demonstrated success in supporting boards and transactions;
- Possess a flexible and hands-on approach;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver excellent client service;