Your Team responsibilities
The ESG Controversies team of MSCI is seeking analysts experienced in conducting ESG and/or policy research, analysis, and writing. The ESG Controversies team provides assessments of ESG controversies involving the impact of company operations and/or products and services that allegedly violate national or international laws, regulations, and/or commonly accepted global norms. Analysts monitor company, government, media, and NGO sources to uncover new and update existing controversies. ESG Controversies covers publicly traded companies and fixed income issuers. What we will offer you:
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization's leaders to support them.
Your key responsibilities -
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your primary responsibility will be to monitor company news, events, and incidents to be able to identify ESG controversies. Identified controversies will then be evaluated against the Controversies assessment framework to determine score according to severity, nature, and status. As an Information Technology sector analyst, you will be responsible for tracking and monitoring developments and trends impacting reputational risk in the companies within the sector. Your specific responsibilities shall include:
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- Deliver high quality ESG controversy research on a timely basis
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders in enhancing the quality of input and output data
- Support execution of quality control measures
- Contribute to the enhancement of Controversies assessment framework, workflow efficiencies, and process improvement
- Support processes critical for ensuring operational stability
- Contribute to team management initiatives
How we'll support you
- Minimum 3 years of experience in in business consulting with specialization in Information Technology or Software & Services/Semiconductor & Semiconductor Equipment/Technology Hardware, Storage & Peripherals or similar other information technology related domains or ESG, equity, and/or policy research, analysis, and writing
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply logic to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in a global team environment
About MSCI and our teams
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women's Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.