APJ Corporate Communications Manager - Tableau
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Public Relations Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Communications Manager will play a key role in building awareness and implementing the APJ communications strategy that creates favourable brand recognition and awareness for Tableau and our mission, vision, and values. This role will work closely alongside the APJ regional marketing team and senior leadership, reporting to the Senior Manager, Public Relations .
This person will help to develop and drive an impactful communications program focused on PR and Executive Communications. The Corporate Communications Manager will be a driven communications professional who is not only able to adapt, but thrive within a fast-paced working environment.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
Who you are...
- Create and deliver impactful public relations campaigns to increase brand awareness and reputation in-region
- Responsible for media relations, manages own contacts, and facilitates interviews and networking for company spokespeople with regional and in-country media in Tableau's core markets
- Lead APJ PR Agencies in Tableau's core markets: develop and drive PR campaigns, in line with marketing and global communications priorities to deliver strong coverage and awareness results
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Public Relations, the Global Communications team & the regional Marketing team to create an impactful regional Communications strategy that drives awareness for Tableau in the media, on our owned channels such as blogs and through our regional executives.
- Partner with local APJ Field Marketing leaders to develop and deliver communications plans, provide strategic guidance on PR
- Collaborate with customers and partners to learn more about their use of Tableau and identifying key opportunities to participate in APJ Communications plans
- Be a trusted advisor to regional Tableau spokespeople (APJ lead & Country Managers), preparing them for media interviews, speaking opportunities and advising on content for PR and executive communications activities
- Collaborate with Salesforce JAPAC PR teams to ensure alignment of media strategy and identify joint storytelling opportunities
- Ensure communications strategies are informed by solid data analytics
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Develop and manage communications programs that position Tableau as a "Great Place to Work" to current and prospective associates.
- Experienced. Relevant experience in managing regional (APJ) communications programs, ideally within an agency environment and/or experience within the technology sector. Strong skills across PR and Executive Communications are required including experience of the broader corporate communications spectrum
- Domain. Experience using technology that supports building, planning, and executing communications.
- A True Team Player. You're the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we're doing and won't stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
- Excellent Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Technically Savvy. H ighly analytical with strong problem solving abilities, and a self-directed and resourceful nature
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
#LI-JL3 Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.