As the AVP, GCP Software Engineer (Python)/Cloud Expert Engineer, you will be part of engineering teams in transition into a cloud-native environment, responsible for ensuring Google Cloud environment is well engineered, instrumented and secure (leveraging on software engineering technology to design and maintain landing zones and standards), working closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” and “usability” always.
You will be the POC for overall health, performance, and availability of Google Cloud environments, assisting in rolling-out and deployment of new platforms/ features to facilitate rapid iteration and continuous improvements, developing tools to improve ability to rapidly deploy, effectively monitoring and maintaining applications and services in a Google Cloud environment.
This will be a good opportunity to be a part of the most mission-critical engineering teams, in designing many of computational and data-oriented platforms, including building and maintaining many of the core platforms, which has direct impact in areas like large-scale compute and container runtimes, observability, caching, data pipelines and data platforms, you will also get to work closely with teams across the organization driving modernization of technology stack.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- B.S. (M.S. preferred, and Ph.D. a plus) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- min. 3 -10 years of Software Engineering experience (in one or more of C++, Java, Python, or Golang) plus Competency with Google Cloud APIs and products OR min. 3 years of Cloud Engineering Expertise with Cloud Enablement experience
- Strong competency with Google Cloud APIs and products, Terraform, and managing containerized services
- Strong Competency in technical components with good logical thinking and ability to communicate well direct with Business
- Depth of knowledge around Cloud landing zone core constructs (account structure, VPCs, SCPs, IAMs, etc.), best practices, controls, networking considerations
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures and algorithms, relational and non-relational datastores, networking, Linux internals, file systems, distributed systems, and related topics
Good to have:
- Experience committing to a relevant cloud-related open-source project
Please reach out to Vyon Ng at 69500385 or VyonN@charterhouse.com.sg for a confidential discussion.
Only successful candidates will be notified.
EA License no.: 16S8066 I Reg no.: R1110857
Charterhouse was formed in 2003 in Australia and it has established itself as a reputed recruitment specialist in its industry. With footprints in Asia, Australasia and the Middle East, we offer professional and bespoke contingency and retained search services across a variety of industrial sectors.
For more information on how we can help you, give us a call for a confidential discussion at (65) 6435 5600.