We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Investment Services Public Markets
We strive to support business groups with digital capabilities and deliver environmental, social and governance focused capabilities, and market expertise. Investment Services Management
You will be given the opportunity to work with multiple strategy heads to help execute new strategies, refine existing ones, and actively drive process improvements across to continuously improve the service offering. You will also help to provide support for pivotal initiatives across the organisation, leading all aspects of governance and controls, and partner in platform and programme rollouts as well as perform general business management functions such as resource prioritisation and planning. Our Sustainability team focuses on integrating environmental, social and governance into GIC's investment portfolios. What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that is an integrated investment service team that partners the business in providing services to support public markets investment.
We are looking for an Assistant Vice President to join our Investment/Strategy Services team to support Public Equities. The successful candidate will support Public Equities investment strategies in delivering sustainable top quartile performance. He/She will interact with people at all levels across the firm and will also need to work closely with teams in Singapore, London and New York, as well as counterparties and service providers across the globe.
The candidate will work closely with the Public Equities department across all asset/instrument types while managing portfolio implementation and deal support. He/She will be part of a team that work with multiple Equities Strategy Heads to help execute new strategies, refine existing ones and actively drive process enhancements across to continuously enhance the service offering. In addition, the candidate will support strategic initiatives across the organization, oversee governance and controls, and partner in platform/program rollouts as well as perform general business management functions such as resource prioritization and team/budget planning. What will you do as an AVP, Investment Services Management?
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Drive the planning and implementation of strategy execution including setting up new strategies and portfolios, transition management, client injections and withdrawals, benchmark changes, setting up new product/instrument and portfolio restructuring.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and Analysts to provide timely and accurate implementation of their regular portfolio management needs including order/transaction management, cash management, rebalancing, performance and risk reporting, investment reviews and client reporting.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and Analysts in handling ad hoc requests like navigation of investment guidelines and processes, operational readiness checks, returns attribution and preparing for presentations.
- Support process reviews and operational risk assessment for Public Equities department.
- Support the Public Equities CIO in strategy capital management planning
- Project lead in strategy execution and change initiatives from initiation to post-implementation, including interfacing with other functions across GIC.
- Resolve front office issues and potential roadblocks arising from markets, operational, risk and compliance considerations.
- Manage stakeholders across investment teams to deliver on initiatives and projects on a timely basis, with considered impact on the front office especially for corporate initiatives.
- Coordinate IPOs and placements including gatekeeping on pre-trade reservation and allocations for IPOs; work closely with the Deal team on non-standard deals.
- Work with other departments (including trading, risk, audit, legal and compliance) to drive process and system improvements and deployments.
- Perform other business management functions including business continuity management, resource and team/budget prioritization, income and expense management, and manage business performance framework.
Work at the Point of Impact
- Degree in either business, finance, engineering, technology or related field with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in the financial services or related sector.
- Comfortable working with data and strong analytical skills. Experience with SQL, VBA or basic programming skills would be highly preferred.
- Structured thinker and problem solver. Project management skills highly preferred.
- A strong focus on either trade execution, operations, finance and/or data and analytics.
- Passion for excellence and an eye for detail.
- Ability to drive process and reporting improvements.
- Knowledge of and interest in Public Equities and Equity markets/instruments will be preferred.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, and resilient to challenges.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communications and analytical skills, who is keen to learn, support and contribute to the team's mandate.
- Self-starter, with strong initiative, who is hands-on and comfortable to manage multiple tasks, is confident to engage different stakeholders, and can work independently to deliver outcomes.
- Good working knowledge with MS Office, in particular MS Excel (e.g. proficiency with pivot tables) is a must. Good working knowledge with data visualization requirements and tools such as Tableau would be highly preferred.
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection. At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
As an employer, we passionately believe every individual brings with them unique diversity of thought and perspectives to meaningfully enrich perspectives of GIC teams to drive competitive performance. An inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution. Learn more about our Investment Services Public Markets Department here: