Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual
and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home. The Department:
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and finance space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience. The Role:
Gemini is seeking a motivated leader with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and strong experience in technical accounting to join the Singapore office to support our International expansion plans. The position will be an entrusted cross-functional business partner supporting the Finance department and reporting to the Head of Finance. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail, experience with complex accounting interpretations, and an ability to communicate complex ideas with a wide array of stakeholders. Responsibilities:
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by supporting the global Financial Operations and Accounting teams with:
- Financial Statement preparation (including bridging US GAAP to local GAAP).
- Managing month-end close of the Singapore entities under US GAAP.
- Year-end audit support both at group and local level.
- Corporate and indirect taxes provisioning and reporting.
- Calculation of quarterly Transfer Pricing adjustments in line with relevant agreements.
- Oversee the customer funds safeguarding and other regulatory processes.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing reports.
- Establishes financial reporting best practice by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
- Supports the development and enhancement of accounting policies and procedures and operating internal controls over financial reporting.
- Supports the launch of new products within each region by providing accounting and tax insights on the impact of each product.
- Maintains financial security by monitoring internal controls.
- An understanding of current and proposed accounting and tax legislation and recommending new procedures to address their impact.
- Support group finance initiatives to achieve global Financial Operations goals.
- Support other departments by researching and interpreting accounting and regulatory policies and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Ad hoc project support as required
It Pays to Work Here
- Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent) required.
- 5+ years post qualification experience (PQE).
- Experience in accounting within a financial institution, particularly accounting for derivative products such as options and futures, a plus.
- Experience with Monetary Authority of Singapore regulatory reporting a plus.
- Big 4 audit firm experience a plus.
- Experience with accounting within Transfer Pricing structures.
- Experience with high-growth companies, ideally with online platform businesses a plus.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance, or related field.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills: ability to query large data sets desirable.
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents
- At least 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Business Travel Medical Insurance
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.