We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Investment Services Public Markets
We strive to support business groups with digital capabilities and deliver environmental, social and governance focused capabilities, and market expertise. Data Solutions & Services Team
You will help to design and lead strategic data solutions build-out to support our public markets investment capabilities. You will also conduct research and manage the implementation of data services for all investment strategies and new product lines, through the establishment of strategic partnerships and foster best practices in operating and service models. What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that is an integrated investment service team that partners the business in providing services to support public markets investment.
The suitable candidate will join our Asset Valuation and Analytics team responsible for the fair valuation of public market investments and delivers pricing, market rates and analytics data to facilitate trading, security valuation, portfolio performance measurement, risk monitoring and collateral management. What will you do as an Associate/AVP, Asset Valuation and Analytics?
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Independently undertake data operations on a daily basis, including investigation & resolution of issues.
- Oversee data management across prices, rates & analytics, including providing guidance to team members to uplift product knowledge.
- Act as the escalation point for non-routine & complex operational queries/escalations from all stakeholders to drive optimal demand management.
- Participate actively in the design and implementation of processes to support new products and business strategies including developing valuation models where required.
- Ensure that our valuation practices are consistent and adhere to the Fair Valuation Policy.
- Proactively monitor market developments/news and translate the impact to valuation approaches, methodologies, and operations.
- Lead the analysis & review of improvements of business processes to improve productivity and quality of data.
- Establish strong rapport through continuous engagement with stakeholders and service providers to optimize service relationships.
- Manage and execute deliverables in data transformation projects.
Work at the Point of Impact
- Strong academic background in a quantitative discipline. Background in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Statistics or a related field.
- Experience in data operations. Preferably 3-5 years of experience in a valuation role.
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments, markets and valuation models.
- Experience in programming and database tools including python, excel VBA and SQL.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and stakeholder management skills.
- Self-starter who is keen to learn and take on new challenges in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection. At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
As an employer, we passionately believe every individual brings with them unique diversity of thought and perspectives to meaningfully enrich perspectives of GIC teams to drive competitive performance. An inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution. Learn more about our Investment Services Public Markets Department here: