Job Description Job Title:
GMO Controller Corporate Title:
: Global Middle Office Location:
Singapore Nomura Overview
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com . Function Overview:
The FX & EM, BRM and Treasury GMO team looks after trade support and revenue reporting, control and governance based in Singapore. Product coverage includes vanilla and structured products. The team within Global Middle Office at Nomura acts as a key advisory and value-add function to the business covering various aspects of finance (eg. Treasury Funding charges, Unsecured Funding, Issuance funding booking model, FX sell down, legal entity booking model, business analysis, issuance-entity related projects, financial resource optimization, cross-functional liaison etc.) Responsibilities:
- Responsible for control and governance of FX & EM, BRM, Treasury and Corporate P&Ls across 20 legal entities
- Take ownership, and be accountable for the timely and accurate calculation, verification, reporting of daily revenue to internal stakeholders.
- Undertake various month end procedure, inclusive of Balance Sheet substantiation
- Interaction with Business, Treasury Funding desk, Operations, FC&R, Quants and other functions to resolve booking, P&L attribution, accounting and valuation queries etc.
- Handle queries on Treasury related charges, bespoke transaction deals and resolve any adhoc issues around P&L and Balance Sheet
- Support cross regional booking, new product initiatives and various projects involving the Businesses
- Provide support and involvement in the Issuance and Funding booking model around P&L validation for Structured Notes Issuances
- Develop strong partnership with the various stakeholders and look to provide solution and cross coordination across functions on key focus areas.
- Focus on Process re-engineering, Automation and leveraging digital tools to optimize process and while ensuring best practices.
- University Graduate in Finance/Economics/Accounting
- Minimum 5 years' experience in product control/market risk within investment banking or a large financial services company
- Minimum 5 years' of P&L attribution, FX Exposure, FX Sell down, standard funding charges, OCA, cross border booking and cross border controls
- Fixed Income and structured product experience
- Strong MS Office skills, able to present data in a readable format within a reasonable timeframe. Basic knowledge of digital tools (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Python, RPA, UI Path etc) will be an added advantage but not a prerequisite
- Should be self-driven, fast with strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills, combined with well-developed inter-personal skills, and independent
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Team player, proactive and self-starting, able to navigate across multiple stakeholders and display leadership qualities to bring stakeholders together to achieve the desired result
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation. DISCLAIMER
: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.