You will be a member of the Commercial Lending Management Unit. This team is part of the Citi Commercial Bank which specializes in providing trade finance, working capital finance and treasury solutions for Emerging Corporate and Mid Corporate clients in Singapore. Key functions include:
As a member of the Citi Commercial Bank Commercial Lending Management Unit, you will be responsible for underwriting and assessing credit propositions and transactions submitted by Relationship Managers to ensure compliance with the bank's credit policies and procedures, risk acceptance criteria and regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for managing the credit quality of a portfolio of clients. With the portfolio assigned, you will be performing ongoing credit risk monitoring to identify any clients with potential concerns. Periodic stress tests on the portfolio will have to be undertaken to identify accounts which warrant closer monitoring and possible loan loss reserves to the bank. During the course of managing the credit portfolio, you will participate in client calls with the Relationship Managers and Sales Head. Other duties include the monitoring and follow-up of past due credit obligations, overdraft and facility limit excesses, tracking and monitoring of facility covenants, credit and collateral data maintenance.
Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results. May have management responsibility of a team. Responsibilities
- Performs in-depth financial statement analysis to manage new and existing relationships with exposures in addition to high risk credits
- Integrates in-depth credit operations knowledge with a solid knowledge of industry standards and practices
- Uses judgment to complete more complex credit transactions with direct business impact
- Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of credit analysis tools and methodologies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Preferably a degree holder with 6-10 years of previous credit analysis experience or equivalent
- Previous commercial credit authority preferred
- You should also possess strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and be familiar with MS software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Other important qualities include ability to work independently and in a team, accountability and a positive work attitude
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Decisions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting