The Credit Portfolio Officer is a senior-level position responsible for leading activities including credit review, credit approvals and monitoring the portfolio to identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team for Citi's Private Bank Margin Lending portfolio in APAC. The overall objective of this role is to manage Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties in the region. Responsibilities:
- Margin Lending Risk Management is responsible for the review and challenge to the Global Margin Lending (GML) business who provides financing to the whole spectrum of clients ranging from the affluent up to the Ultra High Net Worth segment (Global Wealth Management) against collateralized securities. CCR Margin Lending Risk Management provides second line of defense review, challenge and approval functions for all counterparty risk across Global Wealth Management. Reporting to the Regional Margin Lending Risk Heads.
- Develop framework for portfolio risk assessment including evaluation of credit and financial performance across varied lending products and industry segments
- Understand applicable credit policies, industry regulations and the requisite impact of those governance items to prospective new partners or product initiatives
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships and network with key internal and external constituencies
- Prepare risk management presentations for senior management that include analytics on expected portfolio performance and areas of potential risk and/or opportunity
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience in credit card risk management or equivalent training and experience preferably in the financial services industry
- Proven ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business goals
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and prioritize
- Proven ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting