Our client is a world-class Prime Brokerage firm looking to hire exceptional talent as they expand their Singapore HQ team. We are looking to speak with senior level Business Development / Sales professionals with experience in Prime Brokerage / Digital Assets / DeFi / FinTech across a multitude of asset classes looking to start a new role in 2023.
This position is for someone who is type A, loves sales and the thrill of being a hustler and doing deals, thrives in a high pressured sales environment and pushes themselves to perform. Is comfortable in a Prime Brokerage or Front Office Sales environment, building long term relationships that sometimes come with a long sales life cycle and administration.
You must have a proven ability to structure and operate complex business deals as well as having developed and delivered business development and sales strategies for Asia. You will have the autonomy to get on with your job, there is no micromanagement and you will be surrounded by respectful like-minded people with integrity and a strong reputation.
The company is fully backed, Series A, NYC HQ and actively building out their teams in the US, Europe and Asia. This is a business where you will get early stage visibility and have impact, where high quality work is the norm, attention to detail is a given and service delivery will be the best. Talent with high IQ as well as EQ will thrive in an environment which will offer a gentle blend of high autonomy and support. This is not a purely transactional environment, so there will be the opportunity to grow and develop your career and be rewarded generously.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Help develop and deliver the business development and sales strategy for Asia and to increase company revenue by successfully nurturing opportunities and relationships
- Research new markets and identify emerging industry trends and leverage this information to inform corporate strategy.
- Assess business risks by analyzing financial, statistical, and economic data.
- Foster relationships, and lead discussions and negotiations with clients and partners from C-level execs to key functional leads.
- Drive business development initiatives in collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams, including Client Success, Strategy, Product & Risk, Ops and Legal.
- Developing and managing strategic partnerships to grow the business across APAC
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities in the market.
- Represent the business at industry events and conferences in a professional manner.
- Develop business cases and create innovative proposals for potential partners that drive value for both parties.
- Recommend ways to improve operations planning, attending meetings with clients and advisers, and notifying senior management of key business developments.
- Direct marketing efforts by presenting market research to the Global Head of BD and suggesting strategies to expand market presence.
- Assess marketing and sales as well as supplier and vendor operations and recommending improvements as needed.
- Researching emerging trends and recommending new company offerings to satisfy clients’ needs.
To be successful in this role you have;
- Proven ability to structure and operate complex business deals
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with fluency in business level English, Japanese and / or Mandarin is advantageous
- Commercial mindset and experience prioritizing competing priorities at a fast-growing Fintech start-up, prime brokerage or cryptocurrency firm.
- Demonstrated success in following up with, negotiating and closing strategic partnerships.
- Experienced in executive-level presentations, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a highly technical environment while effectively communicating key understandings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships both internally and externally, across all levels of management.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience working with project management tools like Confluence, Jira, Google Office Applications, and others
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Detail-oriented, quick to respond to inquiries/emails, precise and persuasive communicator.
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Brand new office in a prime location
- Bonus based on company and personal performance
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
- Comprehensive global Medical & Dental insurance package