The Financial Planning and Analysis Intermediate Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for providing management with an analysis and insight of Citi's financial results in coordination with the broader Finance team. The overall objective is to apply analytical thinking, knowledge of data analysis and methodologies to create and analyze reports that gauge Citi's alignment with forecasted performance. Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze monthly expense and headcount tracking / expense flash by function / department against budget
- Review Monthly expense accrual / reversal and Marketing Campaign programs and provide any feedback / observation
- Review and check incentives payment for the client acquisition team
- Constantly look out for productivity / re-engineering initiatives for the business
- Analyze expense trend and solicit commentary from the business
- Review and analyze allocations, channels, customers and products to identify expense opportunities and risks
- Incorporate strategic analysis and insights into management reporting
- Help to compile monthly package to IPB CBM and/or WM Head
- Assist in annual budget / CCAR / IWST / ICAAP / QMMF in terms of expense analysis
- Participate in streamlining / process improvement projects for the team e.g. Tableau Dashboard for MIS reporting
- Other Ad-hoc support (e.g. address queries from business regarding GL / GOC / expenses payment / DSMT / APS)
- Execute time critical activities for client facing Financial Planning and Analysis teams
- Assist in the development of review with material for internal senior leadership internal and external regulator reviews
Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Knowledge of financial, analytical, and reporting tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Excel and PowerPoints skills preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Finance Job Family:
Financial Planning & Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting