Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs. Hybrid Working
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager. About Finance
Finance has an important role in supporting Barclays businesses by providing high-quality planning, reporting and accounting services. The strong control environment in which we operate is at the core of everything we do and this is reflected in the design of our operating model and functional lines. We have the critical role of being responsible for the integrity of the financial records for Barclays.
------------------ Overall purpose of role
This is an entry level trainee programme. You will be employed on a 24-month contract during which you will
- Provides key financials and analytics to regional management
- Facilitates the production of management reports for daily regulatory monitoring.
- Conduct various initiatives/ data analysis related to APAC Markets business.
Risk and Control Objective
- Provide high quality, commercial, insightful analysis to key Business and Finance stakeholders to help drive regional performance. This includes P&L items like Revenues, Sales Credits, Costs, and balance sheet data such as Risk Weighted Assets.
- Partner with global / local stakeholders to deliver Management Information and ad-hoc analysis, which includes the preparation of:
- APAC Management Meeting slides
- Country, Product and Business packs
- Production of MAS, SingStat and ACRA regulatory reporting for Barclays entities.
- Prepare and complete month end MI including analytics of Profit & Loss, balance sheet movements, Intercompany mismatches etc.
- Effectively manage FO stakeholders across different regions by actively engaging traders in dialogue and to understand assigned books' trading strategies, P&L and balance sheet drivers and risks.
- Production of various analysis and ad-hoc reporting requested by Business and other finance groups.
- Analysis of internal KPIs (Sales Revenues, Volumes, External market share like Coalition) for easy absorption of Sales/Trading heads.
- Execute initiatives (focused on Products, Client segments, client geography, etc) to maximize the monetization of the client flows.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Person Specification
Essential Skills / Basic Qualifications:
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Able to prioritise work assignments
- Able to communicate effectively with internal staff and counterparts
- Good time management and strong follow-through skills
- We are only able to consider candidates who have and will continue to have the legal right to work in Singapore
- Diploma from a recognised polytechnic
- Academic Qualification in Banking and Finance preferred
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.