Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com Job title: Global Middle Office Division / Department: Finance Location: Singapore Corporate Title: Temp Contract Functional Overview
This is a position within Global Middle Office team in Finance supporting the Rates Desk in Singapore. In terms of product coverage, the desk trades in vanilla OTC and listed Interest Rate Derivatives as well as more bespoke and hybrid structures. Role Description / Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure timely and accurate trade capture and deal maintenance for Asia-originated Derivative trades for Structured Rates and Cross-Asset Hybrid products
- Ensure that the key middle office controls are performed daily such as trade validation, trade life-cycle management, position/risk reconciliations, exception monitoring and T+0 P&L flash
- Facilitate portfolio optimization initiatives like compressions and coupon-blending
- Coordination with Operations and other support groups to ensure proper settlement and timely break resolution
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with the Front Office and other key stakeholders
- Maintenance of Middle Office procedures and ensure cross-training within regional groups.
- Work with IT around implementing Middle Office initiatives, global/local system roll-outs and projects involving requirements gathering, migration and UAT
- Assist GMO Leads to generate required baseline plans and impact assessments to support the IBOR transition project.
- Provide GAP analysis and relevant information impacting GMO to other work-streams and teams involved in the IBOR project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education required
- 6-7 years of relevant experience preferred. Working knowledge of fixed income derivatives required
- Derivative experience required and structured products background would be preferred
- A self-motivated person with robust product exposure, good attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to quickly adapt to a continuously evolving system/work-flow environment
- Strong working knowledge of Excel required; VBA and Alteryx preferred.
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation. DISCLAIMER
: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.