We are looking for a hands-on Java server developer who will be working closely with the front office colleagues and a global development team to build out the capabilities of the system to meet business needs, and to help evolve the architecture to meet our technology transformation goals.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
The Core FX Technology team is geographically spread across Nomura’s offices worldwide and is an important and expanding business and technology space. The FX Risk team sits within Core FX, and is responsible for the divisions intraday risk system, providing timely and accurate information to FX and Emerging Markets trading and risk management. The system has been built in-house using a mixture of technologies. The team comprises of Java, C++ and C# developers. We are looking for a hands-on Java server developer who will be working closely with the front office colleagues and a global development team to build out the capabilities of the system to meet business needs, and to help evolve the architecture to meet our technology transformation goals.
- Primary focus on enhancing systems that directly benefit the Fixed Income FX Options trading business in Singapore, spanning areas from trade capture, pricing and risk management tools to end-of-day marking and P&L generation systems.
- Responsible for designing and developing technology tools for trading desks.
- Work closely with Trading & Structuring team to provide technology solutions in partnership with the Global Markets team.
- Work closely with traders in developing sophisticated trading tools.
- Taking verbal and written specifications from the sales & structuring team, traders and other areas of IT; interpreting these and providing relevant analysis and to deliver a high quality working solution.
- Discuss business concepts with users and/or stakeholders.
- Adhere to IT best practices laid down by the Global Markets IT Team.
Key Experience & Skills
- Hands on design, architecture and code optimization experience.
- In depth knowledge of the FX Options and ideally the Rates Business.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience working with senior trading and sales persons, providing technical support to the Global Markets Business
- Strong communication, ability to multi-task and strong team working and leading capabilities.
- Able to handle a fast paced trading business environment and work across geographical boundaries with numerous teams across technology to ensure that our production systems are developed and maintained to a high standard.
- Able to provide quality database skills for an application which is very Database dependent/ intensive.
- Self starter who is a quick learner.
- Flexibility in the working hours is essential. This is a role closely aligned to trading desks and handing escalated support and it at times will require to work in various time slots, including early morning and late nights, based on the needs of business
- Strong Java
- Distributed systems server development
- Framework and API Design and Development
- Multi-threaded development
- General Global Markets Knowledge
- Messaging, Tibco EMS / JMS
- Linux (Basic working knowledge)
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
- GemFire/Apache Geode (or other in-memory caching technology such as Oracle Coherence)
- MongoDB (or other NoSQL database technology)
- Specific FX / Rates Markets knowledge (e.g. risk, trade workflows)
- Git (or other source control system)
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.