Get to know our Team:
- Internal Audit is an independent function (3rd line of Defence) within GXS Bank that provides an objective assurance and advisory role to senior management.
- We use a systematic, disciplined risk-based approach to evaluate and assess risks, processes and internal controls, while aligning them to the Bank’s overall digital strategy.
- Internal Audit covers multiple businesses and technology functions within the Bank.
Get to know the Role:
- You report directly to the Head of Internal Audit at GXS Bank.
- As the Head of Business Audit, you are primarily responsible for managing all audits and risk advisory activities pertaining to business-aligned portfolios such as Consumer Banking Products (e.g. Deposits, Unsecured Lending, Credit Cards, Investment and Insurance Products), Payments, Credit Risk & Collections Management, Operations & Digital Channels. Experience in other corporate functions such as 3rd Party Risk Management, Fraud Risk Management & AML-related processes will be favourably considered.
- We seek a candidate who brings excellent audit and risk advisory experience to lead the Business Audit team, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You shall develop the scope of work in accordance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations, which entails the examination and evaluation of all functions and activities that are assigned to you.
- You effectively plan, manage and perform the full audit cycle starting from annual audit planning, scoping and developing work programmes to evaluate the risks associated with governance, financial, operational, regulatory, and business continuity.
- Keep abreast of MAS regulations & guidelines.
- You are familiar with current technology tools (e.g. Power BI & Tableau) and well versed in data analytic initiatives (rule-based/ ML) and business priorities (with associated emerging/ inherent/ residual risks), so as to translate them into automated audit test steps using data to enhance audit execution.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the Head of Internal Audit as part of the Core Internal Audit Management Team.
- Plan and perform risk-based review, understand and evaluate the management’s control awareness, business environment, related controls and processes.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the team, lead discussions, present audit findings to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Ensure effective management and timely execution of audit projects in accordance with annual audit plan, audit methodology and timelines.
- May be required to lead/ participate in ad-hoc projects, thematic/ regulatory review or special independent investigation.
- Report material / significant audit findings to the Audit Committee or senior management on a timely basis (if required).
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with senior levels of management, stakeholders, and be a trusted risk advisor on control related matters.
- Develop and evolve the data analytics capabilities including the maintenance of audit workflow system (ie GRC), so as to improve the effectiveness of Internal Audit.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent, with professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA) as an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years of internal audit experience in Consumer Banking sector (end-to-end); and ideally coupled with some years of direct 1st line experience (a practitioner) from consumer/ retail credit risk management.
- Possess strong leadership skills, confidence in dealing with regulators, senior stakeholders.
- Take accountability and possess the courage to challenge risk-decisions made by senior stakeholders, from a 3rd line of defence perspective, so as to uphold the value of integrity and be able to discharge responsibility professionally.
- Well-versed in technology application process/ control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer banking processes, digital channels and products.
- Strong knowledge of key regulations (e.g. MAS 635, MAS 626, MAS 634 & MAS 655).
- Highly competent with audit methodologies and concepts; including the agile audit methodology.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to lead and manage, locally and remotely (if required), a team of internal auditors.
- Located in Singapore with minimal audit traveling.