Get to know our Bank:
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab come together to form GXS. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Get to know the Role:
The day-to-day activities:
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Owns accounting and financial reporting outcomes including compliance with applicable accounting standards and local financial reporting requirements.
- Ensures that all elements of the bank’s financials are captured accurately and adhere to accounting standards.
- Responsible for timely & error free financial reporting in line with SFRS and regulatory reporting (excluding capital and liquidity related)
- Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger (GL) and the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the financial ledger.
- Supervise and lead the offshore Finance support team that performs the financial operations over GL maintenance, posting of entries, invoicing, and payments.
- Lead the year-end audit and provide support to the Auditors in conducting internal and external audits.
- Partner with shareholders on accounting and reporting related matters including compliance with SOX.
- Support ad hoc assignments which may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
The must haves:
- Graduate degree in accounting;
- Willingness to work in an evolving environment and possess strong and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Good knowledge of banking related and general accounting principles, practices and procedures;
- Attention to details and ability to plan and cope with several tasks simultaneously, and be deadline oriented;
- Experienced in problem solving independently and collaborating with other functions
- Demonstrated skills in the utilization of automated financial systems; experience with Oracle
- is preferred but not mandatory;
- Minimum 13 years of experience in a Banking Finance function and/or Big 4 audit firms.