The primary mission of the ICG Operations Risk & Control organization is to create a strategic and global risk management framework that ensures ICG Operations has a robust control framework and key risk indicators in place across all products and processes. This requires the proactive identification and assessment of risk and controls and working with our first and second line partners and businesses to reduce operational, technical, franchise, reputational and strategic risk.
The APAC Regional ICG Operations Risk & Control Head is principally responsible for the leadership of the risk and control function across APAC ICG Operations. This individual is expected to proactively identify key operating risk and control issues, and working with other risk & control product peers, ensure there are remedial actions and plans to mitigate and/or eliminate those in Region.
The APAC Regional ICG Operations Risk & Control Head is an internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influences the way things are done, not only internally, but beyond the business itself. The position requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the field. Is a true thought leader who develops new techniques, methodologies and approaches in own field to directly impact the work of others and the results of the organization. Recognized as a resource for innovation or groundbreaking developments. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally and externally at a senior levels. Responsible for setting the direction of ICG Operations Risk and Control in region that are key to the business.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- independently assess risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) operational risk, processing risk for example.
- Develops medium to long-term planning and execution of strategies at the regional (or cluster of countries) requiring coordination and integration across units or functions.
- Assesses risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions, products, analytical tools and client relationships. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues / activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital, or business operations.
- Identifies key risks and all respective components of a problem, leading to resolution
- Assesses fraud or franchise risk and revenue /cost implications.
- Serves as a point of escalation for key issues or time sensitive decisions. Makes decisions on complex risk issues or products, deal structures, policy creation, for own region or group.
- Manages crises and high risk scenarios.
- Provides strategic direction for stress testing impact of risk on portfolio value and capital and advises the business accordingly.
- Analyzes the impact of changes in macroeconomic indicators on portfolio/business performance. Proficient in scenario analysis.
- Advises business on risk technology and its impact on overall departmental strategy and business risks; advocates changes necessary to prioritize and resolve shortfalls.
- Proficient in using MIS to manage risk.
- Meets with regulators to discuss regional, market and product specific issues that affect the firm.
- Identifies methods for improved operational efficiency and productivity.
- Breaks silos and build partnerships across functions and regions. Creates and sustains a network of trusted client relationships.
- Serves as a mentor and role model for coaching and the development of people.
- Champions diversity; recruits, retains and develops talent.
- Regularly communicates and ensures key messages are cascaded throughout the organization.
- Advises senior management of magnitude of issues.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Subject matter expert, advanced technical expertise.
- Deep understanding of products or analytical tools and broad knowledge of risks (across disciplines).
- Experienced negotiator (internally and externally).
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting