The mandate of the Independent Operational Risk Management function to oversee and challenge Citi's Enterprise Resiliency Management organization is expanding to include review and challenge of non-Franchise Critical Business Processes (FCBP), Critical Operations, Global Business Services to include Critical Business Services (CBS) and Impact Tolerances.
The Independent Enterprise Resiliency Risk Management organization is restructuring itself to better support the business operations in remediation activities. By i implementing an effective business sector and regional resilience oversight model connected across Critical Business Services .
The Operational Risk Grp Sr. Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Lead implementation and sustainment of a robust program to perform end-to-end reviews of Business Recovery, Technology and Crisis Management Plans and all associated documentation.
- Lead and coordinate test of controls and challenge sampling to ensure the appropriate level of coverage for the review of the Business Recovery, Technology and Crisis Management Plans and all associated documentation.
- Apply operational risk management guidelines and procedures for identifying First Line of Defense risks (FLOD)
- Ensure FLOD program is effective and within in Risk Appetite set by Citi.
- Provide challenges on Key Indicators and Material Operational Risks.
- Analyze, capture, and report risks
- Work with First Line of Defense in the review of the documentation and reporting
- Provide critical analysis and input into the review process as required
- Assist in key policy adherence and monitoring/reporting
- Keep Management aware of the risk and control environment through continuous and open communication, and follow-up on issues, concerns, and corrective action plans.
- Ensure adherence to the Citi Operational Risk Policy in regard to operational loss approvals and reporting.
- Ensure a sound control environment from a COB/Operational Resilience perspective, including adherence to relevant policies where appropriate.
- Serve as main point of contact for audit groups for COB related open issues and ensure that all audit requests are timely and appropriately provided.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Lead resiliency teams to manage staff including training and career development plans and to ensure high morale among prevention, detection, and recovery staff
- Champion enterprise resiliency awareness and best practice sharing with various stakeholders and aid in the development of continuity/resiliency risk management training modules
- Raise the level of operational resiliency awareness among country officers and other related staff
This role entails a unique opportunity for building a robust career in Operational Resiliency Risk Management with exposure to the life-cycle of all consumer products in the domestic and international markets. Qualifications:
- 10+ years of Business Continuity, Technology Disaster Recovery, Operational Resiliency or Risk Management
- Experienced Operational Risk and Resilience practitioner with extensive first Line and/or second Line experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; Must be articulate and persuasive.
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively. Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a team environment, listen and work well with others
- Client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and problem-solving capability
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Demonstrated effectiveness across all components within the Business Continuity field.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Ability to establish and implement a program.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds and positions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate complex analytical ideas effectively and persuasively
- Ability to influence and stablish relationships with key stakeholders from remote locations
- Project management
- Understanding of consumer banking business, systems and processes
- Policy formulation
- Deep understanding of technology risk management and response plan cycle management
- Thorough understanding of global business continuity practices and industry trends
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Job Family Group:
- Undergrad in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or any other computationally intensive discipline.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
Risk Management Job Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting