The Branch Operations Analyst is responsible for ensuring timely, complete and accurate processing of relevant information, including performing all relevant controls within own area of responsibility. They undertake time critical, complex or regulated tasks and must ensure the timely escalation of operational, regulatory and other risks to the line manager and functional leads as appropriate. The Branch Operations Analyst may also be responsible for building and managing relationships with the front office and other internal and external parties at an appropriate level, in particular around the more time critical, complex or regulated tasks.
Your key responsibilities:
The candidate is required to have knowledge and experience of the following core trustee and fiduciary services and processes:
- Work with Trustee Ops Head to set-up Trustee systems, operations workflow from the initial stage, design the processes, prepare key operating procedures, and implement controls processes in line with local regulations and Deutsche Bank risks and control standards.
- Attend and organize training programs for self and colleagues.
- Review funds documentations for fiduciary requirements.
- Perform daily compliance monitoring and payment oversight monitoring supervision. Perform NAV confirmation, financial statement review and assist in preparation of regulatory reporting supervision. Ensure effective risks control.
- Work with both external (fund managers, professional firms such as auditors and tax agents, bankers etc.) and internal stakeholders including product, technology custody, client services team, fund administrator etc. to ensure the smooth and proper running of the trustee operations e.g. account opening and maintenance, tax filing and reclaim handling, fair valuation review, internal management reporting and manage regulator and auditor queries.
- Analyze, understand regulatory and legal requirements and ensure that the conduct of the fiduciary and fund services business is in accordance with relevant internal policies, local rules and regulations. Translate legal and regulatory requirements into procedures and workflows.
- Work with Trustee Ops Head to track and conduct annual due diligence of all agents (internal and external) and clients in compliance with applicable policies and guidelines
- Facilitate to implement best practices including automation/digitalization of Trustee workflows
- Work on the change initiatives relating to trustee operations
Your skills and experience:
- The candidate should have a minimum 6 years of hands-on experience within the Trustee Services and/or Fund Services Operations.
- Minimum 3 years of fund compliance, fund administration, audit, internal risk & controls, trustee fiduciary & fund services experience is must.
- 2 + years of exposure to fund accounting & valuations, fund products and operations, due diligence.
- Knowledgeable, able to discuss and analyze applicable laws, market practice and regulations of Partnership, CIS, LLC, VCC; other fund structures etc. Have experiences with or worked from the Asset Manager, Asset Owner and/or Trustee perspectives
- In addition to a good knowledge of Trustee Services and Funds Industry as outlined above, the candidate also needs to display strong analytical legal skills, execution abilities, interpersonal skills, communication skills, people management skills and time management skills. The candidate also needs to be able to work on projects.
- Knowledge and some experience of implementing technologies to improve process efficiency
- Knowledge of digital assets and related legal/regulatory/fiduciary requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, or Law (specializing in Trustee). Professional accountancy background/qualifications with good experience in Trustee.
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies."