The Originator generates ideas and assesses opportunities for pitching new business to clients, based on a good understanding of the client’s capital structures, the competitor landscape and deep knowledge of financial markets/regulatory requirements. The Originator is responsible for the preparation of relevant materials and will pitch to new or existing clients with the aim of winning the mandate for the Bank.
Your key responsibilities:
- Construct strategic dialogues with senior clients from large multinational companies to originate new opportunities and structure solutions in coordination with product partners across the corporate bank product suite.
- Close coordination with global and local country relationship bankers to ensure integrated and seamless coverage for our clients.
- Build new relationships and deepen existing relationships across the client portfolio demonstrated via new deal wins and increasing our revenue share of wallet with clients.
- Advise clients, provide insights into the latest macroeconomic, geopolitical issue and regulatory trends in Asia impacting our clients and the industry they operate in.
- Keep abreast of developments in the client business and the industry ecosystem, and manage risks within the portfolio
Your skills and experience:
- 3 years+ of banking experience - managing MNC corporate client relationships in a relationship management or product sales function in a global financial institution
- 2-3 years+ experience in managing relationships with senior client contacts and a track record in being able to understand the strategic priorities of our clients and support the execution of complex deals.
- 2-3 years+ experience in credit risk management and obtaining credit approvals for transactions.
- Broad understanding of the corporate business environment, regulatory and market trends across Asia
- Strong Microsoft office skills ( PowerPoint, word, excel) with ability to prepare impactful presentations for clients
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.