We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide. Investment Services Public Markets
We strive to support business groups with digital capabilities and deliver environmental, social and governance focused capabilities, and market expertise. What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that is an integrated investment service team that partners the business in providing services to support public markets investment.
We are looking for a Senior Vice President, Business Manager to support Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) in delivering Sustainable Top Quartile Performance. He / She will work with stakeholders and partner across all levels in the organization across global offices in Singapore, London, and New York, as well as external business partners and vendors across the globe. What will you do as an SVP, Business Manager?
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Responsible for the department's global strategic partnership relationships with the market and industry networks.
- Provide budgeting and cost management oversight for the department.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to build strong strategic partnerships and provide innovative solutions to meet investments, enterprise, and department goals.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and trends, regulatory reforms, and best practices.
- Working with Director and management team of ISPM to develop the department's strategic business plans to support Public Markets investment strategies.
- Establishing strong engagement with public markets management and business management teams, and corporate service teams.
- Working on relevant organizational initiatives which includes coordinating and implementing corporate-wide initiatives such as organizational climate survey, business continuity planning, etc.
- Assisting the Director of ISPM in business and operational matters. These would include diverse functions from business analyses to operational risk assessments to develop strategic solutions that spans across the department.
Work at the Point of Impact
- Degree in Finance, Business, or related fields with 15 - 20 years relevant working experience in the financial services industry.
- Good knowledge of public market investment
- Strong analytical abilities with an eye for details, and good interpersonal, project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and think strategically yet operate at a tactical level.
- Additional qualifications like CFA would be favourably considered.
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact. Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection. At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise. GIC is an equal opportunity employer
As an employer, we passionately believe every individual brings with them unique diversity of thought and perspectives to meaningfully enrich perspectives of GIC teams to drive competitive performance. An inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution. Learn more about our Investment Services Public Markets Department here: