Portfolio Strategy & Risk Group (PSRG) actively guides the firm's investment activities and drives sustainable returns, while protecting the portfolio and the institution. The group actively explores overlay and alternative portfolio strategies to enhance our portfolio returns.
PSRG Office (PSRGO) partners closely with PSRG to generate, analyze, and implement ideas for investing, hedging, and yield-enhancement purposes, across single stocks, equity indices, fixed income, and commodities. They look to enhance our portfolio returns in liquid, public markets space using a cross-asset approach. The team also works on overall Temasek Portfolio Construction and partnering with other asset management companies (Platforms) where Temasek has significant investments. About the role
PSRG Office is seeking to hire a SA/AVP-level candidate to expand our team in Singapore. The candidate shall lead idea generation/assessment/monitoring of cross-asset investment ideas for emerging markets with a focus on China. He/she will partner closely with Macro Strategy, Public Market, and IG (Investment Group) colleagues globally. The candidate is expected to have a strong fundamental equity research capability, and knowledge or a strong willingness to learn macroeconomics and cross-asset interconnections. Roles and Responsibilities
- Generate and assess cross-asset investment ideas and make recommendations based on macro, sector/thematic, geopolitical, and tactical positioning views for emerging markets with a focus on China.
- Monitor and maintain constantly refreshed views and make recommendations to adjust portfolio positions based on market conditions.
- Conduct thorough research on macroeconomic indicators and industry/company analysis, with high proficiency in financial analysis and modeling.
- Work in close collaboration with Macro Strategy and Public Market teams to implement macro investments, and hedging strategies, across asset classes, markets, and sectors.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues globally in IG on thesis and risk/reward for our existing public equity portfolio holdings and on new investment ideas, with 6-18 month holding period views.
- Regularly disseminate views and discuss ideas with investment colleagues, both verbally and in writing
- Preferably 5 years and above working experience in investment roles in financial companies including but not limited to macro funds, public equity funds, private equity, a top-tier investment bank, or research firm.
- Fluent in Chinese and able to network with Chinese company mgmts., Chinese domestic analysts, and other information sources. Familiar with A/H shares
- Strong in fundamental equity analysis and investment principles, with knowledge or a strong willingness to learn macroeconomics and complex trading structures.
- Strong grasp of portfolio management concepts, excellent analytical skills, and ability to synthesize complex information and draw actionable conclusions.
- Proficient with Bloomberg and/or other platforms (Factset, CapIQ, etc), and able to extract market and fundamentally related datasets to manipulate and illustrate arguments.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills; Proficient in PowerPoint
- Team player, who can collaborate effectively across a global team. Periodic travel required.
- Proactive self-starter who can manage work independently.
- Prior buy-side or trading experience is a plus
- Technical expertise