Citi continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by building out Institutional Credit Management (ICM), a new function in the 1st Line of Defense, to house and consistently manage credit risk activities performed across its Institutional Client Group organization. ICM's objective is to provide integrated "end-to-end" credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management, and monitoring for wholesale credit risk across the enterprise. Within ICM, the CPE Underwriting function (ICM-CPE UW) provides analysis, greenlight, underwriting, first-line-of-defense credit approval and subsequent credit monitoring across all ICG wholesale credit businesses including Banking, Capital Markets, and Advisory (BCMA), Global Structured Products, Financings, and Securitizations (GSP-F&S), Treasury & Trade Services (TTS), Markets, and Securities Services (MSS).
The ICM Hedge Fund (HF) Portfolio Senior Officer II is a senior-level position responsible for managing Citi's credit risk to a portfolio of the firm's most complex and large Hedge Fund/Private Equity relationships. Primary activities include credit due diligence, credit reviews, credit approvals, and monitoring of the portfolio within the risk appetite of the overall business strategy. Responsibilities:
- Be principal contact for and partner with colleagues from Sales & Trading in MSS, Investor Client Management, Prime Brokerage, Treasury & Trade Services and Legal
- Lead the client credit relationship in partnership with sales and trading and 2nd LoD credit risk management.
- Establish risk governance for hedge fund with the 2nd LoD credit risk and responsible for reviewing data, evaluating exposures, assessing risk, making recommendations, implementing action plans, and continuously monitoring progress to ensure the portfolio remains aligned with objectives and risk tolerance
- Lead extensive client-interface through the due diligence meetings, negotiation of credit structures and documentation, including ISDA's, Derivatives Clearing, FCM and Repo documents
- Establish credit limits, client tier and margin rates through a formal Credit Approval Memo (CAM) and in-depth credit analysis
- Review and approve CAM, credit facilities, specific transactions, and exceptions within delegated credit authority
- Collaborating with credit risk management to develop credit underwriting standards and policies for extending credit to hedge funds, with the objective of creating a profitable and stable hedge fund business.
- Develop MIS to monitor exposures and processes to identify emerging risk in hedge fund portfolios.
- Effectively communicate credit exposures and appetite across trading products.
- Resolve issues and communicating with the sale force and stakeholders across the organization
- Manage the regional Hedge Fund on-boarding pipeline in support of Citi's Client Experience initiative
- Advancing and innovating underwriting processes, addressing FCR, IA and regulatory reviews / questions
- Assists the Team Head in presentations and industry reports given to senior management, and regulatory reporting requirements
- Mentor and train more junior resources. Manage own workload and analyst's workload, and ensure deadlines are understood and met, and where needed, escalate to senior managers
- Spearheading and overseeing company-wide projects aimed at improving efficiency and streamlining operations
- Making prudent risk evaluations while making business decisions, , taking into account the firm's image and protecting Citigroup, clients and assets by ensuring adherence to relevant laws, regulations, and polices, act with ethical integrity, and transparently handling, reporting and managing control issues
- 15+ years of experience in financial services and risk management required
- Experience with covering Hedge Fund/Private Equity sector, portfolio performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Motivated and confident to drive change with a real sense for how to build/support business growth
- Highly effective communication skills, used to partner with the other groups and present findings and suggestions to management
- Strong knowledge across Capital Markets trading and lending products, particularly in derivatives, structured and other complex products traded by Hedge Funds
- Strong grasp of current technologies including stress testing, exposure metrics and factor sensitivities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail unaffected by high pressure situations
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting