About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant in Finance. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com. Responsibilities
- Provides support in financial/ management reporting, accounting, tax compliance and regulatory reporting
- Partners with key internal stakeholders namely the local leaders in the business, risk/compliance, operations, HR and technology to carry out the APAC strategy and ensure compliance with corporate policies and local regulations
- Leverages centralized reporting and provides local input into financial projections and insight into financial performance including cost allocations, income attribution and management reporting
- Serves as the report preparer or owner, and responsible for the governance and controls over financial reporting and works closely with internal and external auditors
- Partners with the Tax team to ensure legal entity compliance with in-country tax regulations on corporate income and indirect/transactional taxes
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the internal control environment over financial reporting
- Participates in the issues management process on behalf of Finance and Controllers including the escalation, reporting, and remediation of financial reporting errors and control deficiencies
- Supports the Governance & Oversight Framework in partnership with Enterprise Control & Oversight function by implementing effective internal financial reporting controls Ensures Enterprise priorities are met on documentation and control initiatives including process mapping, RCSA, and business continuity
- Supports local teams to ensure complete and accurate books and records are maintained in compliance with corporate policy and local requirements
- Handles period-end closing (monthly, quarterly, year-end)
- Performs hands-on tasks on daily accounting and monitoring functions
- Assists with the preparation of daily compliance ratio monitoring according to local regulations
- Assists with the preparation or review of US/SEC regulatory reports
- Collaborates with local leaders and other related departments on expense requirements and cash funding requirements
- Performs financial analyses and able to provide value-added comments to senior management
- Supports overall APAC regional strategy through contribution to various ad-hoc projects and other tasks assigned timely
- Leads and assists internal/external audits or other external filings
We Value Diversity
- Degree holder with at least 10 years' experience
- Strong technical skills including a good working knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, and US/SEC and local regulatory reporting requirements
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Essbase, Alteryx, Tableau
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.