Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Job Purpose and Impact
Trade & Capital Markets (TCM) compliments the efforts of Cargill commodity business units by providing financial solutions to Cargill's business partners (suppliers and buyers). TCM's experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TCM plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through cross-border funding structures and management of transferability and convertibility risks. In addition to structured trade finance and internal funding, TCM also leverages Cargill's international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations.
The Senior Risk & Financial Analyst is an active partner in the development of our business strategy by providing necessary rigor and analytics in the financial and risk space. You will complete advanced analysis of economic and competitive business risks and opportunities and collaborate with peers across the function to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance and risk functions. Key Accountabilities
- Create and translate financial and risk metrics and portfolio trends into actionable insights that improve decision making, performance and business growth in a business
- Implement key performance indicators and methodologies behind it to create, maintain and preserve value as an analyst for a highly complex business group or segment.
- Support the financial evaluation and alternatives/competition new business opportunities.
- Integrate disparate sources of data using a broad range of analytical data tools and knowledge of statistical methodology and predictive modeling techniques, including exploring new market instruments/technology to see if adoption will be beneficial to the business.
- Provide financial support to accomplish business plans, including financial modeling, scenario planning, valuation, monitoring performance against strategic decisions to impact the business.
- In collaboration with stakeholders and peers, identify opportunities, translating them into actionable business requirements, and possibly designing solutions to improve data integrity to enable analysis and insights.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with design, development and implementation of value-added business analytics
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Proven ability to work with Excel VBA Macros, SQL, and Python
- Understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Understanding of credit and market risk concepts
- Project management and stakeholder management skills
- Curious, and eager to learn and improve, a resourceful self-starter that follows through and delivers on tasks
- A team player who is not afraid of digging deep into the details and tackling unstructured problems Meticulous and highly numerate
- Comfortable working with multiple global teams
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world. Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today: