Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America. Your work
As a senior engineer, you will lead building the most technical elements of our payments network. While you do not have direct reports, you will be expected to demonstrate leadership through the quality of your engineering work. In conjunction with your team's Staff Engineer, you will ensure that the way we build our solutions is of exceptional technical quality.
Our Issuing engineering team take ownership of the technical construction of key Airwallex systems. These systems span several products including B2B wallets, payment acceptance, credit card issuing, treasury management, FX and this list continues to expand. Through our platform team you will be responsible for supporting key systems to both our front end web/mobile application team and support the integration of our platform solution, direct to customer, via an API.
This role will see you making contributions to technologies and libraries that we depend on while leading the refactoring of complex systems and components.
Who you are
- You are a leader- striving for technical excellence through your coding and system design
- You are committed - you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API's - from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player- fostering effective collaboration in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver - weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration/delivery and quality engineering
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Strong cloud experience GCP (preferred) or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes
- Observability tooling such as Splunk, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech.
We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options).
We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen.
We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
If this role has sparked your curiosity - hit APPLY now.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.