State Street Global Markets Managing Director of Business Development for APAC, Hybrid role Who we are looking for
Join State Street Global Markets as Managing Director of Business Development for APAC. This position is responsible for business development across the Global Markets product suite, both internally and externally, to accelerate growth of the business. The Global Markets product suite is comprised of liquidity, financing and research solutions. It is important that a successful candidate is capable of becoming a subject matter expert for all Global Markets products and it would be advantageous to have a background in capital markets. This position will report directly to the Global Head of Product Innovation and Business Development.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry is a challenge you are excited to pursue.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Managing Director of Business Development for APAC you will
What we value
- Increase transparency / knowledge sharing of all Global Markets products with the broader non-Global Markets sales and segment leads
- Drive accountability across the Global Markets sales organization to collaborate with the segment and sales teams inclusive on an agreed measure of success
- Work closely with the central consultant business development team by representing Global Markets during consultancy meetings
- Be responsible for driving opportunities for Global Markets products with new and existing clients
- Develop a regular cadence of tracking and monitoring client penetration and share of wallet to identify new opportunities to drive revenue growth
- Drive collaboration and promote Global Markets products with firm-wide client facing personnel to effectively integrate the Global Markets product suite into various stages of enterprise-wide sales processes and Account Planning to drive cross-sell opportunities
- Work within Global Markets and within Investment Services to develop and execute on client account plans as well as measure the success of such efforts
- Promote Global Markets innovative award-winning research platform to acquire new client relationships and deepen existing client relationships
- Assist Investment Services client facing personal to identify the right Global Markets products and contacts to meet client needs
- Identify opportunities for Investment Services from within the Global Markets client base
- Represent Global Markets at industry conferences and State Street led symposiums with a focus on promoting the Global Markets brand which includes a holistic set of liquidity, financing and research products
- Achieve clearly defined revenue and share of wallet targets
- Be an active participant working with the Global Markets product teams to drive innovation and creative thinking
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of capital markets and financial trading services. Subject matter expertise in either one or more product: foreign exchange, securities lending, securities and derivatives trading and asset management
- Proven ability to proactively develop sales leads, operate independently and achieve results
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- MBA, CFA is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years in sales at a capital markets or investment management organization
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 is a plus
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Travel may be required
- This role can be performed in a hybrid model
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.