- JN -032023-1927276
- Mar 15, 2023
- £30k - £35k
Morgan McKinley is proud to be exclusively supporting a growing and dynamic business based in the heart of Elstree. My client has seen sustained growth over the past few years and now needs to add an
Morgan McKinley is proud to be exclusively supporting a growing and dynamic business based in the heart of Elstree. My client has seen sustained growth over the past few years and now needs to add an Assistant Accountant to the team.
The role of Assistant Accountant supports the Finance Director and will have a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop in a sector that is busy, dynamic and growing. Responsibilities:
- Post bank transactions, including customer receipts, direct debits and supplier payments.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
- Analyse and process a large volume of subcontractor payments on a weekly basis, including liaising with project and contracts managers.
- Support the purchase ledger team (input invoices, statement reconciliations etc)
- Maintain the company fixed asset register including disposals and depreciation calculations.
- Maintain the company hire purchase schedule including additions and interest calculations.
- Assist in the month end shut down and support the commercial team in providing cost analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, including the posting of journals (prepayments, accruals etc)
- Assist in the preparation and submission of the monthly VAT return.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Create adhoc reports in conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Be an advocate and expert in the companies costing and accounting systems.
- Play an integral role in the company's year-end audit.
Salary & benefits:
- Confident can-do attitude with a willingness and want to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with numbers with an aptitude for identifying trends and relationships.
The role of Assistant Accountant is paying £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience, plus study support.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.