This is an exciting role with a multinational organisation. The main Responsibilities are to lead the group's overall cash management strategy and will lead meetings focused on delivering cash generation actions across the group. This is a high-profile senior role which will work closely with and provide information to the Executive team as well as the Group's investors. To be considered you must have working capital experience from a professional services or corporate team
The ability yo adopt and refine a process to report liquidity on a regular basis.
Interrogate and provide analysis on the short-term cash flow movements,
take responsibility for producing short- and medium-term cash flow forecasts to understand the Group's cash flow requirements,
Working with the operational teams to improve the way in which the Group manage cash.
Management if one directs report
Help implement an efficient process for the reporting of actual forecast reporting.
· Forecasting: Facilitate and lead a weekly cash flow forecast (direct method) that can be used to assess 13-week cash flow requirement of the Group. The role holder will need to continually improve the forecasting assumptions to refine the forecast to improve accuracy. In addition, the role holder will play an important role in producing the medium-term cash flow as part of the annual budget process, quarterly forecasting process, as well updating the 3-year Plan annually.
· Monitoring/interrogation of actuals and variance analysis: Working closely with the Banking and Treasury teams, the role holder will summarise actual cash flows on a weekly basis. for producing outputs for presentation to the executive team and the group's financial stakeholders. This will include detailed understanding of actual movements and variance analysis. The role holder will also be responsible for preparing and presenting the (indirect method) quarterly forecast cash flow, annual budgeted cash flow and 3-year plan updates. All these cash flow forecasts are used by the Group and investors to determine the Group's funding strategy.
· Implementing a cash culture: The key is to embed sustainable change in the way the group manages cash and liquidity, working closely with operation, banking and Treasury colleagues. The role holder having bult a knowledge of the cash cycle, will identify opportunities and risks to the group's liquidity forecasts. They will work with the operational business to implement changes that improve the Group's cash management, as well as prepare risk mitigations to the extent required.
· 10+ years' work experience in finance or cash management related roles
· Recognised accounting qualification - (ACCA, CFA)
· Cash reporting experience
· Business change experience
· Knowledge and experience of treasury/cash management processes
· Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
· Analytical mindset and confidence to challenge senior colleagues
To find out more please contact Shaila on firstname.lastname@example.org