At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Role Summary:
We are recruiting a Consolidation Accountant on a permanent basis as a result of an internal promotion. The role will involve a blend of home based and office working from our Edinburgh office. The primary focus of the role will be supporting the production and analysis of the Group's IFRS quarterly consolidated results and onward reporting deliverables. Coming at a time of internal and external change, the Group IFRS Consolidation Manager is looking to enhance the team with an individual who will be able to fuse accounting, consolidation and systems knowledge in pursuit of higher quality and more efficient output, utilising the Group's new reporting applications . Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Essential
- Preparation of the Group's consolidated IFRS results, including review of BU inputs, eliminations and consolidation adjustments
- Support the preparation of the Group's IFRS financial statements, including a number of notes to the Interim and Annual accounts, produced to auditable standards.
- Support the Group consolidation system and change processes in relation to IFRS requirements
- Contribute to the response to ad-hoc requests from external parties such as the PRA and ratings agencies
- Support the delivery of finance change projects that impact on the consolidation process, including user acceptance testing of any changes
- Support the delivery of initiatives required to ensure Group reporting processes meet all reporting and control requirements of a listed plc
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships within M&G Finance and the wider Finance community
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customer outcomes and a reduction in M&G Plc's operational risk
- A qualified Accountant with a strong knowledge of financial reporting requirements and legislatory frameworks
- Knowledge, expertise and experience in financial reporting
- Experience of dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
- Highly analytical and skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding stakeholders
- Ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed or escalating issues as appropriate
- Experience of the production and delivery of consolidation processes in a life and pensions or other financial services organisation would be advantageous
- Experience of using financial reporting systems (such as HFM/Tagetik) to produce financial results
- Some experience of finance change programmes, including technology implementations
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.